PDA

View Full Version : Saving wifi passwords on iPhone 4

David Henderson
Jul 10, 2010, 05:54 PM
My brother set up my network in my home and put all the information on my phone in order to connect to it. Unfortunately, I don't remember the password and he's out of the country and unreachable for another week and a half.

I'm having problems with my proximity sensor, and I read that resetting all the settings may fix it. I'd like to try that, but I know I'll lose my wifi passwords and I don't know how to get them back.

Is there any way I can get my passwordm from my phone? Like how in Firefox you can view your passwords...or should I just wait until he comes back and reset it then? I'd rather not wait because I use my phone so often and the frequent mutings and random jumps to speaker are becoming unbearable!

grapes911
Jul 10, 2010, 05:57 PM
1. You can restore your phone from a backup and your saved passwords should be restored.

2. If you have a Mac connected to that network, you should be able to decrypt your password via keychain.

3. You could completely reset the router back to factory defaults and then set the password to whatever you wanted.

David Henderson
Jul 10, 2010, 06:04 PM
Last time I used a backup was when I bought the phone and transferred all my stuff from the 3GS. It didn't save my network passwords. Is there an option I forgot to check?

I can't do option 2. or 3. because I don't have a mac and tbh I'd rather just work on the phone instead of messing with the router.