PDA

View Full Version : iPod tough 1G screen dead?

r.gen
Jul 10, 2010, 08:20 PM
Hi, I was using my iPod Touch 1G this morning and all of a sudden the screen faded to white and became unresponsive. I then tried to restart it, at which point it shut down and I was unable to restart it. I tried plugging it into itunes and it showed up fine under devices, I was even able to restore it to the factory settings, but that didn't fix the problem. So basically I'm thinking that the screen has died, but the ipod itself is still functional.

Has this thing happened to anyone else? if so did a screen replacement fix the problem? Cheers.

iMac0765
Jul 10, 2010, 08:33 PM
Bring it into Apple Store to have the screen replaced. Make sure you Restore it first to make sure it is not jailbroken. It will cost money as it is a first gen. If you act all sweet and kind then maybe they might do it for free.

J&JPolangin
Jul 10, 2010, 10:40 PM
Bring it into Apple Store to have the screen replaced. Make sure you Restore it first to make sure it is not jailbroken. It will cost money as it is a first gen. If you act all sweet and kind then maybe they might do it for free.

...I have a 1st gen iPod touch also and it developed a "row" of dead screen about the 3rd week down on the calendar app... apple wouldn't/couldn't fix it for the repair fee of $199.00 since they said the screens weren't able to be taken apart like on the iPhones.

They gave me my iPod back and let me purchase a 3rd gen 32Gb iPod touch for a $100 discount so I got a 2 gen upgrade with double the memory for the same they were going to charge IF they could have fixed my 1st gen 16Gb iPod ($199) so I though it worked out in the end and I gave the still 97% functional 16Gb touch to a family member who really likes it.

liamkp
Jul 11, 2010, 10:18 AM
...I have a 1st gen iPod touch also and it developed a "row" of dead screen about the 3rd week down on the calendar app... apple wouldn't/couldn't fix it for the repair fee of $199.00 since they said the screens weren't able to be taken apart like on the iPhones.

They gave me my iPod back and let me purchase a 3rd gen 32Gb iPod touch for a $100 discount so I got a 2 gen upgrade with double the memory for the same they were going to charge IF they could have fixed my 1st gen 16Gb iPod ($199) so I though it worked out in the end and I gave the still 97% functional 16Gb touch to a family member who really likes it.

Hmmmmmmm.... Thats cool.