Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kavik

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
I was following several threads today (listed below) about iPhone 4 screen/LCD color issues which were "moved" into a thread about photo white balance which makes no sense as these are separate issues. I'm not sure why these threads were singled out when there are numerous redundant threads of marginal or questionable value at any given time in this forum.

Moved: >>> OMG >>> iPhone 4 Screen is YELLOW?!
Moved: Purple tint/haze on iPhone 4
Moved: iPhone 4 yellow hue warm tint to screen

Update--also provided comment to moderators using Report Post (thanks PNutts)

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
I guess the thread about white balance is about the screen issues. The iPhone forum is already full of threads so keeping one topic in one thread is the only option to keep it somehow reasonable.

Kavik

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
I guess the thread about white balance is about the screen issues. The iPhone forum is already full of threads so keeping one topic in one thread is the only option to keep it somehow reasonable.

Actually they don't. Screen/LCD color tint or temperature is a separate issue from the iPhone camera's white balance settings. I did not start or contribute to any of the threads listed above, but I just would like to know the moderator's rationale behind them being moved and inappropriately consolidated--particularly when this was a technical complaint and issue.

This on a board where there are countless idiotic and redundant threads like: "iPhone 4 is a chick/dude magnet!", "What did you name your iPhone" and "To Buy, Or Not To Buy?" 20 times a day.

Seems a little arbitrary and capricious.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.