Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
does anybody have these earbuds?? what are your thoughts on them?

i ordered some they appear to have decent reviews, i guess they should at least be better than Apples crappy earbuds

ECOCIDE

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
I own them. At first you might be dissapointed. Like the reviews say, burn in is necessary.Just make sure you have a proper seal, and give them time. I love them and love Klipsch in general.

AAPLGeek

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2009
I own them. At first you might be dissapointed. Like the reviews say, burn in is necessary.Just make sure you have a proper seal, and give them time. I love them and love Klipsch in general.

+1.

I have them too and after about 20-30 hours of burn-in, these really start to shine. Highs and mids are very crisp and the lows are pretty adequate without being overpowering.

Overall, perfect for iPhone4, way better than stock Apple buds.

Psant

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2010
I have these too and I love them. I agree with the burn in part. I just left Pandora on for a while while they were hooked up.

I haven't hooked them up with an iPhone yet because mine comes in on Tuesday. What does the single button do on the mic for the iPhone 4? Does it let met me answer a call or is it a mute button?

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Nice hear nothing but good things about them, cant wait to get mine. Also yeah what can you do with the "controls", skip tracks? just hang up or answer calls?? of course they say they can do one thing but its all up to what Apple allows :apple::rolleyes:

rbstiles

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2010
Sorry to tell you guys, but the S2m do not work with the iPhone 4. The remote on the headphones does nothing, and the volume on the iPhone changes frantically on its own.
I for one was pissed about it. I already owned them when I upgraded from the 3g. I figured they would work fine, nope. According to what I can find on the internet almost all of the single button controlled headphones do not function correctly with the iPhone 4.

Gave me a reason to order the S4is though. :)

Psant

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2010
Sorry to tell you guys, but the S2m do not work with the iPhone 4. The remote on the headphones does nothing, and the volume on the iPhone changes frantically on its own.
I for one was pissed about it. I already owned them when I upgraded from the 3g. I figured they would work fine, nope. According to what I can find on the internet almost all of the single button controlled headphones do not function correctly with the iPhone 4.

Gave me a reason to order the S4is though. :)

I have the S2Ms and an iPhone 4.

If I click once, it answers a call for me and if I click again, it ends the call.

For music playback, if I click once, it pauses the track and plays it with another click.

If I click twice in succession, it skips to the next track.

If I hold the button down, it leads me to voice control.

I am very happy with how it functions on the iPhone 4.

There's nothing for volume control though, but you can't expect much for one-button control

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I was very dissappointed in these and luckily got them from TigerDirect so I sent them back with no hassle. The ear plug is really uncomfortable (s,m or l). I also couldnt even talk without them being annoying and hearing my voice through the phones. If you want to lightly sing to a song or even hum your voice is picked up through them - it was terrible. Maybe this is to do with all "earphones" but I didnt enjoy them.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
I was very dissappointed in these and luckily got them from TigerDirect so I sent them back with no hassle. The ear plug is really uncomfortable (s,m or l). I also couldnt even talk without them being annoying and hearing my voice through the phones. If you want to lightly sing to a song or even hum your voice is picked up through them - it was terrible. Maybe this is to do with all "earphones" but I didnt enjoy them.

Actually, it might have to do with the iphone mic not turning off when plugging these headsets in. I have the Etymotic HF2 which is a great pair and all the controls work, except that when I'm on an actual call, the phone's mic does not turn off so you have two mics on at the same time picking up a lot of background noise. But they're awesome for music.

rbstiles

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2010
I have the S2Ms and an iPhone 4.

If I click once, it answers a call for me and if I click again, it ends the call.

For music playback, if I click once, it pauses the track and plays it with another click.

If I click twice in succession, it skips to the next track.

If I hold the button down, it leads me to voice control.

I am very happy with how it functions on the iPhone 4.

There's nothing for volume control though, but you can't expect much for one-button control

Weird. My remote doesn't function with the iPhone 4. They work fine with my old 3g and my wifes 3g though. Perhaps yours are from a newer batch or something.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Weird. My remote doesn't function with the iPhone 4. They work fine with my old 3g and my wifes 3g though. Perhaps yours are from a newer batch or something.

Perhaps you purchased counterfeit earphones. My remote works as stated above.

Mareshalu

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2008
A little tape will fix it

I have the same problems with my iPhone 4 and I realized if the jack doesn't touch the outside band antenna it responds perfectly to the commands. So a little nonconductive ring around the base of the Jack is the fix. Hope it helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.