Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
I highly doubt it's an ACTUAL Apple bumper since they have red as an option, and if it's a replica I wouldn't buy without an actual picture of the item.

iDabble

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
I gave it a shot, i figure i can always get my money back since it states on the website its the actual apple one sold in stores. Im just assuming red is a typo for pink. I'll let you all know when it comes in.

Kevio

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
Just bought a green one. It's only $10. I'll let you guys know if it's legit by posting pics and laughing at you because you spent $30. Haha only kidding, but seriously, I'll post here.

xmtgx

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
Was gonna order one then I saw the shipping options, China Post. Don't feel like waiting 4-6 weeks for it.. Most likely genuine though. the Red=Pink I think.

fender57

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
Anyone have any experience with this site? They say its the same as the one in the stores, and that it's made by apple.

http://gadgetdeals.biz/Apple-iPhone-4G-16GB-32GB-Bumper-Protector-Silicon-Rubber-P1324609.aspx

If you follow the links to their eBay auctions, you'll see pictures of these bumpers. Not the same as Apple's:

iphone4G6colors.jpg

regesilicon1.jpg

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
You get what you pay for...

They'll definitely work, but I'd rather just fork over the money for the real deal. 10 bucks for this thing isn't far off from 29 for the real thing, especially if quality is what you're looking for.

herdinoh

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
If you follow the links to their eBay auctions, you'll see pictures of these bumpers. Not the same as Apple's:

iphone4G6colors.jpg

regesilicon1.jpg

those are only .99 on ebay.........whoever bought this for 10 dollars better cancel your deal now.LOL

Kevio

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
those are only .99 on ebay.........whoever bought this for 10 dollars better cancel your deal now.LOL

I'll charge back if it's not real. The description clearly leads you to believe that it is a genuine Apple Bumper. Here's the description for anyone who didn't read it.

"Apple Silicon Bumper Rubber Proctector for you iPhone 4G. As stated in Apple website improve your signal for your phone. Set of 6 Colors in this package. Sells for $29.90USD each in the apple store!"

EDIT: Oh wow, you know what? They bumped the price up to $28. Must have been a typo! Hah. In before markup.

EDIT 2: Weird. I followed another link to the website and it showed them at $28....but using the links in this thread it shows them at $9. Will look into this.

EDIT 3: There are 2 postings of the bumper on their website. One is $9 and the other is $28. Odd. Also, there is a review for the $9 case that says it's a genuine Apple Bumper. Not sure how much stock I want to put into that, but it's there.

reliantj

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
ooo man if that **** isn't a real bumper i'm gonna be pissed.

it's like 800am in china now so i hope they reply to the email i sent regarding the authenticity of their product. if it's fake they better cancel my order.

fender57

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
ooo man if that **** isn't a real bumper i'm gonna be pissed.

it's like 800am in china now so i hope they reply to the email i sent regarding the authenticity of their product. if it's fake they better cancel my order.

For starters, there are no metal buttons that I can see on the pictures from the auctions.

Hennesie2000

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2007
Maryland
Well I ordered two...but that was before all of these post... I have since sent a note with my order to have them cancel it and issue a refund. I will wait till the op gets theirs and post a pic or confirms that it is the real thing.

reliantj

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
Well I ordered two...but that was before all of these post... I have since sent a note with my order to have them cancel it and issue a refund. I will wait till the op gets theirs and post a pic or confirms that it is the real thing.

how did you contact them?
i need to contact them as well.
i just emailed.

Hennesie2000

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2007
Maryland
how did you contact them?
i need to contact them as well.
i just emailed.

When you login to view your order status you there is a spot to attach a note to your order. I just put it in there to cancel the order and refund my money. If it doesn't work I did pay via paypal so I will have some buyer protection. The silicone bumpers that they have on their ebay store have almost the same description to the ones on their website but the website does show the apple ones in the picture. If they dont cancel my order and send me ones that are not actually the apple ones pictured then I will have paypal pursue them for my money for false advertisement.

We will see what happens.

reliantj

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
When you login to view your order status you there is a spot to attach a note to your order. I just put it in there to cancel the order and refund my money. If it doesn't work I did pay via paypal so I will have some buyer protection. The silicone bumpers that they have on their ebay store have almost the same description to the ones on their website but the website does show the apple ones in the picture. If they dont cancel my order and send me ones that are not actually the apple ones pictured then I will have paypal pursue them for my money for false advertisement.

We will see what happens.

hm. i never created an account. but i did pay through paypal. i took a screenshot of the page with the statement of it being like the apple bumper. these guys better not cause me any grief.

Kevio

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
hm. i never created an account. but i did pay through paypal. i took a screenshot of the page with the statement of it being like the apple bumper. these guys better not cause me any grief.

I also paid with Paypal. Figured I'd just file a dispute against them if it's not the real thing. I have always been able to get my money back when these kinds of things happen, so I'm not worried about it.

Kevio

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
Case closed. The bumper is NOT the official iPhone bumpers. They already sent me my refund.

rom gadgetdeals@ymail.com
reply-to gadgetdeals@ymail.com
to Kevin Warren <kevio2005@gmail.com>
date Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 10:47 AM
subject RE: Apple iPhone 4G 16GB 32GB Bumper Protector Silicon Rubber
signed-by ymail.com
hide details 10:47 AM (29 minutes ago)
HI there,

No they are similar but not made by apple. We will send the refund to you.

Best Regards,

Daniel Koh

http://www.gadgetdeals.biz
tel: +65 31505083

Hennesie2000

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2007
Maryland

I didnt create an account at first but I did the password reset and it sent me an email with a new password and then I was able to login and view my order.

I have also gotten my refund via paypal.

reliantj

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
so i sent them an angry email bringing up false advertisement and they refunded me my money.

guess they aren't like the apple bumpers. better get your refunds!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.