Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deratka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2009
I have the Griffin Reveal case now, and it's done it's job. I notice some scratches on the back plastic. The problem is I really don't like the look of the case, I think it makes the phone look big and clunky. I have a bumper, but am afraid of the lack of protection. I've read many other posts, but haven't come up with an answer. What I want is a protector that will help with fingerprints on the front, a screen that will protect from scratches on the back, and then use my bumper. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

pvmacguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2009
Jax
You could always got with one of those zagg type screen protectors that cover the front and the back. They are a thick rubbery material that even if it scratches it heals itself back together. They are sold at best buy etc. for like 29 bucks I believe.

I personally don't care for the way the material feels its somewhat tacky. Your idea of the protectors and the bumper seems like it would provide adequate super small drops and definitely scratch protection. I currently use a bumper and feel its one of the best solutions at the moment because of the button support and port designs.

Airmark1

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I am using the Zagg full body shilled on my IP4 with the Apple black Bumper. I am a fan of both. Although I doubt either would protect against dropage onto a hard floor. I have used many Zagg shields on Blackberries, laptops, iPhones, etc.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
Bumpers and screen protectors work, if properly installed as a combo. There are many threads on this forum dedicated to screen protectors that discuss the different makes and results of each.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.