Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

annikki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
I have a 2007 macbook and have had hard drive issues with it since day one. When I first had it, it would get real hot and the hd would spin and get so loud I could not concentrate on my work. It ran out of room constantly, despite my having much less on it than I had on my old ibook, only my itunes, some pictures and some word documents. It would make duplicates of nearly everything on there also.

Every ten weeks or so I would have to take practically everything off so that it would behave some what normally. Either that or I'd have to use my barely working ibook, (because honestly it works better sometimes). Finally, after almost three years of Apple refusing to do anything for me, the hard drive was recalled and replaced back in February of this year.

Last week it froze all of a sudden with no warning. Force quit did not work on any of the applications, taking the battery out did not even work. Finally it just died and wouldn't power up again, a chime and a blue screen, but no apple symbol. I took it into Apple again and I was astonished and kind of upset that they replaced the hard drive again.

Now it is not recognizing my iphone or ipod. It will be off apple care in a few weeks and I am really unsure what to do. I have always felt like there is a problem with it other than the hard drive and that apple is not listening to my concerns.

Do you any of you have any ideas as to what the issue(s) might be with this machine, or any suggestions going forward? Should I get something new? Please help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.