Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ShadowX49

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Not sure, it says in the FAQ below that page that it will not affect the flash,
was hoping someone had one who could verify it.

ates

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
I just got it today. I'll post some pics later tonight after I finish my paper.

b3george

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2010
My "Day 1" review

I got my case in the mail today and I am very happy with it. I had a Incipio Silicrylic case since I got my phone and I definitely like the tough case better.

The case fits pretty snuggly around the phone with a nice grip texture on the outside. The back of the case is about 3-3.5mm thick and I think I should provide enough protection from casual drops. The front lip around the screen is also raised more then the other cases I have seen.

The only "problems" I see with the case are the volume buttons are recessed into the plastic slightly requiring a little more force to press them. The bottom silicone lip that goes across at the dock connector is also a little loose but that is a problem with all cases that use silicone it seems. Neither of these are problems for me but some people may not like it.

I have not noticed any problems with the flash although I have not tested it very much. I'll test it more tomorrow. It it better than the Incipio case I had on before however.

Overall I would recommend the case.

Update: I have taken some test shots with and without the case on and I do notice a difference but the pictures with the case look better to me. However, this is not the ideal setup to test this because I have too many reflective surfaces around.

With case: http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/687/with.jpg

Without case: http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5739/without.jpg

I try to test more tomorrow.

ShadowX49

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Nice thanks for the review and test photos. If you get a chance, upload some photos of the case on the phone if you can.. but looks like I will order this when its back in stock.

ates

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

The good: Feels really tight and solid and that it could sustain a nice drop w/o shattering. I haven't notice any flash issues on the pictures (I have yet to compare w/o case).

The bad: The silicon bridge on the bottom (right below the home button) feels a bit too loose. Like if it were to snag on something it would rip. The vol. buttons is flush with the case so it's slightly difficult to press, but still manageable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.