Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

papersushi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2003
What's the best iPod case for 3G iPod and iPod mini in your opnion? Thanks!

papersushi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2003
That's what I was recommended too. But iSkin for iPod 4th Generation has been back-ordered for 2-3 weeks from the Apple Store. Anywhere else to get it fast? Like in a week?

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
How about some Socks?

Attachments

• screenshot_01.jpg
    screenshot_01.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 1,036

MrSugar

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2003
edesignuk said:
I decided on an iSkin Exo 2 to protect my 20GB 3G, and haven't regreted it one little bit :)

I to have an iskin evo 2. It is really nice, I love how it protects the screen too, unlike many of them that are skin tight. Plus it glows in the dark!

ps. I got it in 3 days after ordering.

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
MrSugar said:
I to have an iskin evo 2. It is really nice, I love how it protects the screen too, unlike many of them that are skin tight. Plus it glows in the dark!

i concur

ive got the iskin min... i love the way the screen gets covered, and it looks pretty cool also

mslifkin

macrumors regular
May 14, 2004
New Jersey
Inkmonkey said:
Great binging baboons! I've heard that the Contour Design Showcase is one of the best. I think it's the one I want. Would add a little more bulk than an iSkin but I think it offers better drop protection.
http://www.ipodlounge.com/reviews_more.php?id=1949_0_6_0_M

I've got that case for my Gen 3 30 gig. It does work very well. I had it for a while, and then the belt clip broke. I called them and they sent me one, no charge. Very good customer service. I'll be getting an iPod Photo for Christmas, and I'm hoping that they'll have a case for it by then. I actually really like the iSee case, they just came out with the iSee 40, but it won't work with the iPod Photo; neither will the Showcase 40. I'm sure that they'll have something soon.

Regards,
Marc

HardHatMac9

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2004
Better yet....which is the best iPod Photo Case....are there any? (other than the Apple Case).

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Inkmonkey said:
Great binging baboons! I've heard that the Contour Design Showcase is one of the best. I think it's the one I want. Would add a little more bulk than an iSkin but I think it offers better drop protection.

I concur. I've bought a bunch of them and the Contour is the one I use. I also have a Pyrim case that holds my iPod and PDA. Awesome case.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
mslifkin said:
I've got that case for my Gen 3 30 gig. It does work very well. I had it for a while, and then the belt clip broke. I called them and they sent me one, no charge. Very good customer service. I'll be getting an iPod Photo for Christmas, and I'm hoping that they'll have a case for it by then. I actually really like the iSee case, they just came out with the iSee 40, but it won't work with the iPod Photo; neither will the Showcase 40. I'm sure that they'll have something soon.

Regards,
Marc

Their customer service is excellent. My latch broke and they told me to just send it back. I asked if a pic would do and they said, sent it. I did and they replied the same day that a new one was on its way.

parrothead

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2003
Edmonds, WA
I have the flipstand case for my 30 GB iPod from Speck Products. http://www.speckproducts.com. I have been really pleased with it. I like it because it is a hard case, comes with built in clip, and the best part, comes with it's own dock that the hard case fits onto. My case has protected my iPod from a couple of heart-stopping drops onto concrete and from a large man sitting on it. :eek:

edit: speck also has lots of soft cases as well.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
papersushi said:
What's the best iPod case for 3G iPod and iPod mini in your opnion? Thanks!

Depends what you use it for - do you just want a skin to protect it, or do you need a case to REALLY protect it? Or do you require an arm-band or belt clip for bike riding or jogging? Different cases provide different solutions depending what your focus is. iSkins are great, but if you need something for being active you might want to try a DLO case or something similar... MarWare makes pretty good cases as well.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Inkmonkey said:

This is indeed an excellent case, but one thing to be aware of is that the inside of the case doesn't have any lining or soft material. As a result, your iPod might get scratched. Just something to think about...

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
MrSugar said:

The iSkins are very nice, but one thing to watch out for is that sometimes (not all the time) the belt clip can scratch the back of the iPod, as the suction cup dealy locks right onto your iPod's back. Doesn't happen all that often, but you should probably be aware of issues like this which might defeat the purpose of why you're buying a case in the first place. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.