PDA

View Full Version : Jobs, Apple win Billboard Digital Entertainment Awards

MacBytes
Nov 8, 2004, 01:54 PM
Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Jobs, Apple win Billboard Digital Entertainment Awards (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20041108145453)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

SilvorX
Nov 8, 2004, 05:41 PM
wtf, real beat out apple? if it wasnt for iTunes, the quality of music services would be the way it was 2 years ago

Daveway
Nov 8, 2004, 06:59 PM
This smells more fishy than a New York fish market :(

How in the world could Real beat iTunes on best download service!?!?! :mad:

iTunes has more marketshare, downloads, userbase, and global stance. Someone please justify this.

stoid
Nov 8, 2004, 07:48 PM
<snip>Someone please justify this.

Maybe Rob Glaser payed some people off. Either that, or he stole Jobs' Reality Distortion Field generator for a day.

That's about the only thing I can come up with.

macridah
Nov 8, 2004, 09:02 PM
Real Networks, best subscription!? :confused:

I want a recount! This is a conspiracy to boost real network sales.

PlaceofDis
Nov 8, 2004, 10:10 PM
isnt it just a bit odd that the links on Rolling Stone's website to download music lead to real.com? hmmmmmmmmmmm im sure this is all unbiased though

bousozoku
Nov 8, 2004, 11:52 PM
Maybe Rob Glaser payed some people off. Either that, or he stole Jobs' Reality Distortion Field generator for a day.

That's about the only thing I can come up with.

Maybe Apple didn't pay enough.

iMeowbot
Nov 9, 2004, 12:31 AM
Real Networks, best subscription!? :confused:

I want a recount! This is a conspiracy to boost real network sales.

There were judges on the panel from Warner, EMI, Sony and Yahoo's launch.com.

The major labels adore subscription music services, which Real offer and Apple don't. They are also in love with Real Harmony. And of course, Yahoo and Launch have been partnered with Real Networks for ages.

neonart
Nov 9, 2004, 12:38 AM
Who is Real? Do they have a music store?

:D

jholzner
Nov 9, 2004, 08:22 AM
iTunes has more marketshare, downloads, userbase, and global stance. Someone please justify this.

You mean like MS does in the OS market? Doesn't make it the best. I think iTunes is the best but the logic above doesn't really fly.

Savage Henry
Nov 9, 2004, 09:00 AM
Whether Apple walked away with all or none from this gong show, they are still the only decent softawre/hardware innovator that spans the digital scene.

These award shows are just Junket-scented puff......

wdlove
Nov 9, 2004, 09:06 AM
At last week's Billboard Digital Entertainment Awards, Apple CEO Steve Jobs was named Visionary of the Year, while Apple picked up an award for Brand of the Year. The company was beat out in the Innovator of the Year category by XM Satellite Radio, and in the Best Downloadable or Subscription Music Service by Real Networks.

I think it is still a great accomplishment for Apple. They won two out of the four awards. Being a visionary will be what will keep Apple on top.

Mr_Ed
Nov 9, 2004, 09:10 AM
These award shows are just Junket-scented puff......

I agree. What counts is what the average person thinks is the better product, and in that regard, I think the market shares of iPod/iTMS speak volumes. This is not market share obtained through "monopoly power." This is market share obtained through real (no pun intended) innovation, creativity, design, and engineering.