PDA

View Full Version : *Attention Photographers!*

eyelikeart
Aug 16, 2002, 10:10 AM
sorry this isn't exactly computer equipment...but...

I'm putting my 4 month old Nikon N65, 35mm camera up for sale. It comes with a Nikon bag, UV filter, and a 28-80mm (I believe) lens. The camera works flawlessly, however I need to sell it in order to afford another camera...obviously I don't need two.

Anyway, I am asking $300...or your best offer... ;)

anyone interested can reply here, email me eyelikeart@bellsouth.net or PM me...

iH8Quark
Aug 16, 2002, 10:22 AM
Hey, eye.

Whay are you getting rid of it? I have a Canon EOS right now, but that sounds like a really attractive price.

eyelikeart
Aug 16, 2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by iH8Quark
Hey, eye.

Whay are you getting rid of it? I have a Canon EOS right now, but that sounds like a really attractive price.

I'm selling it to afford a Minolta Dimage 7i digital. I've been working nonstop on www.thefotohaus.com along with Moxiemike...and the process of developing film, scanning & retouching negatives has become way too time consuming for me...

so I'm going digital to cut my time by 3/4.... :)

jelloshotsrule
Aug 16, 2002, 10:34 AM
ahh. my dad has the dimage 7. it's pretty sweeet.. not sure if it's the 7i, but it's 5.2 megapixels.. not cheap

how much you gonna be able to get it for?

i think we got ours for like 999 with some extras...... i forget though. this was last december.

eyelikeart
Aug 16, 2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
ahh. my dad has the dimage 7. it's pretty sweeet.. not sure if it's the 7i, but it's 5.2 megapixels.. not cheap

how much you gonna be able to get it for?

he he he...I cannot wait... :)

I'm eyeing ebay right now...no pun intended.... ;)

there are a bunch of just cameras going anywhere from $850-$950...and packages anywhere from $900-$1200...

I'm likely going for one of the package deals...figure if I'm gonna get the camera I'll eventually want the extras...

have u used the Dimage 7 by chance? what are your thoughts if so?

Mr. Anderson
Aug 16, 2002, 11:03 AM
I don't know eye, I'd keep the camera around. We were talking down in New Orleans about this, and being able to change lenses is a great advantage. You're going to be stuck with a single lens on the Dimage - you'll find that limiting. I really like the 35 SLRs because of the flexibility they give. I won't buy a new camera until I can get a relatively cheap (<2000) Digital SLR that I can swap lenses on and also use them with a regular 35mm.

I might be waiting another year or so.

D

maelstromr
Aug 16, 2002, 11:52 AM
dang, and here I am buying that exact camera a month ago. that's a decent deal on a (almost) new N65 people! it'll be a good $350+ brand new.
good luck.

Seth

eyelikeart
Aug 16, 2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
I don't know eye, I'd keep the camera around. We were talking down in New Orleans about this, and being able to change lenses is a great advantage. You're going to be stuck with a single lens on the Dimage - you'll find that limiting. I really like the 35 SLRs because of the flexibility they give.

actually...the Dimage 7i does have interchangable lenses...which is a high selling point for me...

but overall...if I have continue to scan negatives like I am...I'm gonna go nuts!! :eek:

jelloshotsrule
Aug 16, 2002, 01:22 PM
i've used it a decent amount and gotten some pretty sweet pictures with it..

if you want me to run any particular tests, let me know

i like how you can set the preferred mode... ie, say you don't care which f stop (as long as the light is "right") but you want to control shutter speed and such, you can do that..

this is the only real solid digital cam i've used so i'm not sure if that's pretty standard... but i think it's sweet..

word

eyelikeart
Aug 17, 2002, 12:47 PM
thanks for the offer jello...but it won't be necessary...I've already seen what Moxie's doing with his...and quite honestly...I'm damned impressed! :D

and now it's too late...I scored a sweet deal on a package yesterday...

I'll be receiving it late next week...he he he :D ;)

keltorsori
Aug 18, 2002, 07:36 PM
actually...the Dimage 7i does have interchangable lenses...which is a high selling point for me...!

the Dimage 7 or 7i do not have any sort of interchangable lenses (aside from aftermarket add-on lenses which are definetly not the same, more glass means less image quality). Whoever told you that was crazy!

eyelikeart
Aug 19, 2002, 12:37 AM
sorry for my confusing demeanor...the point is I can get more out of it if needed... ;)