PDA

View Full Version : Is this sooooo OCD that it's ridiculous and crazy?

XciteMe
Jul 13, 2010, 11:28 PM
My Apple iPad case (the official Apple one), has a creased edge around the border. It came like that. It's like warping/bending and I hate the way it looks compared to the rest of the straight edges.

I'm going to buy a new one at an Apple Store, then return the one I have (with the bent edge) back to them using the new receipt.

It's not "cheating" because this case with the bent edge, is less than 2 weeks old. I just lost the receipt. So technically I'm within the return time frame.

Am I being a nut? Be honest.

Matthew Yohe
Jul 13, 2010, 11:35 PM
Probably. Post photos.

AR15MBP
Jul 13, 2010, 11:36 PM
My Apple iPad case (the official Apple one), has a creased edge around the border. It came like that. It's like warping/bending and I hate the way it looks compared to the rest of the straight edges.

I'm going to buy a new one at an Apple Store, then return the one I have (with the bent edge) back to them using the new receipt.

It's not "cheating" because this case with the bent edge, is less than 2 weeks old. I just lost the receipt. So technically I'm within the return time frame.

a little. but i've been there with other products so i get ya.

XciteMe
Jul 13, 2010, 11:52 PM
http://a.imageshack.us/img101/8052/24001576.jpg

Matthew Yohe
Jul 14, 2010, 12:27 AM
Yeah dude. I wouldn't sweat this one. In fact, mine even is a little "bent" at that point. Must be a side effect of the manufacturing.

wrkactjob
Jul 15, 2010, 10:19 AM
No swop it over or it will bug you forever. Check the new case is good in the store.

sracer
Jul 15, 2010, 10:32 AM

Honestly, yes that is a bit nutty. I mean no offense by that. But you are hardly alone, OCD people appear to be drawn to Apple products for some reason.

In the short few months that I've been at this site (since buying an iPad) I've notice that an overwhelming majority of posters are obsessive about their Apple products and accessories.

They "worry" if the $30 case they just purchased will last 5 years. They are "concerned" if the gap surrounding the home button is not perfectly even. They wringe their hands in dismay if when turning their iPad to max brightness and enter a completely dark room and display a black image if they can see the light of the screen. Or are unsatisfied to the point of exchanging their iPad multiple times until they get an iPad whose docking port smells "right".

If they are this uptight about their iPad and accessories, I wonder how they can function in society with the 1000's of products they buy and use.

MacBoobsPro
Jul 15, 2010, 10:35 AM
Whats with the used condom?

TraceyS/FL
Jul 15, 2010, 10:45 AM
It has a 1 year warranty... just take it back!

nixiemaiden
Jul 15, 2010, 01:00 PM

lol i had to do a double take.

The General
Jul 15, 2010, 01:05 PM
They are all like that.

Hammie
Jul 15, 2010, 03:41 PM

lol i had to do a double take.

Me, too!

Sick minds UNITE!!!! :D

To the OP, it is normal.

Mac'nCheese
Jul 15, 2010, 03:43 PM

Beat me to it!

wrkactjob
Jul 15, 2010, 04:58 PM
Me, too!

Sick minds UNITE!!!! :D

To the OP, it is normal.

Its giving me wood.

Xciteme we are waiting for an explanation?

XciteMe
Jul 15, 2010, 11:51 PM
Where do you see a used condom? And why would a used condom turn you on?

There is no used condom in that picture.

iFerd
Jul 16, 2010, 08:18 AM
My Apple case is warped on the edge in the same place, and I'm not obsessing. But if it bothers you, I'd be sure to check the replacement, because this thread shows it not to be unusual.

Icewind
Jul 16, 2010, 08:24 AM
Where do you see a used condom? And why would a used condom turn you on?

There is no used condom in that picture.

lol.. The used condom is taking up about 2/3 of your photo!! :confused:

sinsin07
Jul 17, 2010, 03:35 PM
What they want to know...

elgrecomac
Jul 17, 2010, 03:38 PM
What they want to know...

Impessive girth :D

fifi77
Jul 17, 2010, 03:57 PM
I'd return it too, it would do my head in. I deeply empathise with the whole OCD thing, in fact, I bought a new iPad case today because I couldn't stand the dirty marks on the Apple case any more. I was cleaning it every 5 seconds and it was taking over my life!

Seamaster
Jul 17, 2010, 04:08 PM
My Apple iPad case (the official Apple one), has a creased edge around the border. It came like that. It's like warping/bending and I hate the way it looks compared to the rest of the straight edges. I'm going to buy a new one at an Apple Store, then return the one I have (with the bent edge) back to them using the new receipt. It's not "cheating" because this case with the bent edge, is less than 2 weeks old. I just lost the receipt. So technically I'm within the return time frame. Am I being a nut? Be honest.

It's another "emergency"! Call 911!

b00st3d
Jul 17, 2010, 11:41 PM
looks like a shallow basket with fruit or some vegeatable in it to me.

iThinman
Jul 18, 2010, 12:44 AM
looks like a shallow basket with fruit or some vegeatable in it to me.

Exactly what a guy that left a used condom in a picture would want us to think

not falling for it.

afireintonto
Jul 18, 2010, 02:47 AM
Impessive girth :D

:eek: hahahaha
Seriously, I think all of the cases look like that. Mine does.

XciteMe
Jul 18, 2010, 10:46 AM
It's a fruit basket. With peaches and stuff. Still in their produce bags.

OKAY?

Shinigami301
Jul 18, 2010, 11:38 AM
Considering your condition, a nut case might be better than a fruit basket. Because you are obviously nuts.

miamialley
Jul 19, 2010, 06:52 PM
I think your biggest problem is what to do with that big yellow, used condom.

applesupergeek
Jul 25, 2010, 01:45 PM
It's a fruit basket. With peaches and stuff. Still in their produce bags.

OKAY?

Give the man a rest, peaches and condoms not that big a deal.

OGDaniel
Jul 25, 2010, 01:47 PM
I think you're beng perfectly reasonable. It's like when you notice a dead pixel on your screen, you have to do something about it

surferchick2
Jul 26, 2010, 02:46 AM
lol.. The used condom is taking up about 2/3 of your photo!! :confused:

Quick glance that's what I thought of also but it didn't even phase me.

Anyway, my Apple case has that too. I wouldn't worry about it. When it starts scuffing, something its material is prone to do, you won't even notice it anymore.

wesk702
Aug 3, 2010, 10:06 PM
http://a.imageshack.us/img101/8052/24001576.jpg

Bejeezus, is that a magnum in the background? Yuck

lilcosco08
Aug 3, 2010, 10:11 PM
Bejeezus, is that a magnum in the background? Yuck

I was thinking the exact same thing LMFAO
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xl

mcdj
Aug 4, 2010, 12:37 AM
I so do not miss the OP in any way. Even seeing this thread bumped made me mad. Thank god he's still in time out. What a moron.

johnniewalker
Aug 4, 2010, 01:18 PM
The case would annoy me, I'm sure I have mild OCD as well, although mine includes being careful about what I include in the background of a photo.

I'm surprised that someone who is bothered by looking at an imperfect case doesn't seem to notice that a collection of random and dubious looking objects are in the frame, I'm not saying I'm especially tidy, but I do at least try and give that impression!