Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XciteMe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
My Apple iPad case (the official Apple one), has a creased edge around the border. It came like that. It's like warping/bending and I hate the way it looks compared to the rest of the straight edges.

I'm going to buy a new one at an Apple Store, then return the one I have (with the bent edge) back to them using the new receipt.

It's not "cheating" because this case with the bent edge, is less than 2 weeks old. I just lost the receipt. So technically I'm within the return time frame.

Am I being a nut? Be honest.

AR15MBP

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2009
USA
My Apple iPad case (the official Apple one), has a creased edge around the border. It came like that. It's like warping/bending and I hate the way it looks compared to the rest of the straight edges.

I'm going to buy a new one at an Apple Store, then return the one I have (with the bent edge) back to them using the new receipt.

It's not "cheating" because this case with the bent edge, is less than 2 weeks old. I just lost the receipt. So technically I'm within the return time frame.

a little. but i've been there with other products so i get ya.

XciteMe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
24001576.jpg

Matthew Yohe

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2006
Yeah dude. I wouldn't sweat this one. In fact, mine even is a little "bent" at that point. Must be a side effect of the manufacturing.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken

Honestly, yes that is a bit nutty. I mean no offense by that. But you are hardly alone, OCD people appear to be drawn to Apple products for some reason.

In the short few months that I've been at this site (since buying an iPad) I've notice that an overwhelming majority of posters are obsessive about their Apple products and accessories.

They "worry" if the $30 case they just purchased will last 5 years. They are "concerned" if the gap surrounding the home button is not perfectly even. They wringe their hands in dismay if when turning their iPad to max brightness and enter a completely dark room and display a black image if they can see the light of the screen. Or are unsatisfied to the point of exchanging their iPad multiple times until they get an iPad whose docking port smells "right".

If they are this uptight about their iPad and accessories, I wonder how they can function in society with the 1000's of products they buy and use.

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
My Apple case is warped on the edge in the same place, and I'm not obsessing. But if it bothers you, I'd be sure to check the replacement, because this thread shows it not to be unusual.

fifi77

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
London
I'd return it too, it would do my head in. I deeply empathise with the whole OCD thing, in fact, I bought a new iPad case today because I couldn't stand the dirty marks on the Apple case any more. I was cleaning it every 5 seconds and it was taking over my life!

Seamaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2003
My Apple iPad case (the official Apple one), has a creased edge around the border. It came like that. It's like warping/bending and I hate the way it looks compared to the rest of the straight edges. I'm going to buy a new one at an Apple Store, then return the one I have (with the bent edge) back to them using the new receipt. It's not "cheating" because this case with the bent edge, is less than 2 weeks old. I just lost the receipt. So technically I'm within the return time frame. Am I being a nut? Be honest.

It's another "emergency"! Call 911!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.