Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sephstyler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
hi all,

Have had boot camp working just how I wanted it (default boot into W7) since day 1, but have just had a problem!

All of a sudden, the MBP boots into OSX by default.

If I hold option (alt), I do have the option to boot into windows, but under disk utility in OSX, it cant see my W7 partition!

Even when I boot into W7 manually, boot camp control panel only has OSX as the only boot disk!

I have searched and returned a few instances of this, but all have the complication of people using NTFS tools, I havnt done that.

Is there a way to fix this boot problem?

many thanks!

MacKeeperFanMod

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
hi all,

Have had boot camp working just how I wanted it (default boot into W7) since day 1, but have just had a problem!

All of a sudden, the MBP boots into OSX by default.

If I hold option (alt), I do have the option to boot into windows, but under disk utility in OSX, it cant see my W7 partition!

Even when I boot into W7 manually, boot camp control panel only has OSX as the only boot disk!

I have searched and returned a few instances of this, but all have the complication of people using NTFS tools, I havnt done that.

Is there a way to fix this boot problem?

many thanks!

1. Boot into Mac OS X,
2. After downloading OS X, click on the "Apple" in the menu bar and select "System Preferences ... /
3. In your system settings select Startup Disk in the System.
4. Now select the icon that represents the desired system disk.
5. Finally, the output of the system of preferences. That's it! The next time you restart your Mac, the desired system will boot. You can always boot to the other again, hold down the Optional key when your Mac starts up. Then, simply choose a different disc.
Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.