Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrpaperknife

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2004
Louisville, the Derby city
I was wondering if anyone might have any ideas about christmas promotions Apple might have up their sleeves? I bought my first mac in april 04 and havn't been aroung long enough to know if Apple does christmas promotions the same way all the other computer companies do.

What kind of promotions has Apple done in the past? I did see the $200 mail-in rebate on purchase of an ibook and an ipod for the education crowd earlier this year. Any chance of a similar offer?

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
mrpaperknife said:
I was wondering if anyone might have any ideas about christmas promotions Apple might have up their sleeves? I bought my first mac in april 04 and havn't been aroung long enough to know if Apple does christmas promotions the same way all the other computer companies do.

What kind of promotions has Apple done in the past? I did see the $200 mail-in rebate on purchase of an ibook and an ipod for the education crowd earlier this year. Any chance of a similar offer?

I think we should see something this month if they are going to do stuff. Obvious guess is iPod promos, and maybe run outs on software they will be superceding in January

nina

macrumors member
May 27, 2004
Well, according to ThinkSecret (http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0411brieflyretail.html), Apple expects to sell a LOT of iPods this holiday quarter (4 million!), and "a Christmas push the likes of which we've never seen is coming," regarding iPod promotions.

I, for one, am hoping that ThinkSecret is right - I may finally get to spring for a new 20GB iPod and a dual 1.8 G5! :p

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
ThinkSecret said there would be iPod promos, which means it is probably true (ThinkSecret is seldom wrong)... but I have a hard time believing it, Apple is going to have a hard time keeping up with demand.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I'm not sure what they will do for Christmas. An iPod promotion would not encourage me in any way. I'm looking forward to the Tiger release party, the last two times it has been a 10% discount on a CPU and your other purchases. A 10% discount at Christmas would be awesome.

cmvsm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2004
2004 Christmas Promos

If Apple is going to do a 10% on all purchases or something similar, when do they usually do it? I'm thinking the day after Thanksgiving or something? Anyone know? If so, I'll wait to buy!

dferigmu

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2004
Washington, DC
If Apple does do a Christmas promotion, around when would it be introduced? An iPod promotion is exactly what I'm waiting for since I want to buy an iMac and an iPod together.

Blurb

macrumors member
May 7, 2004
Apple doesn't usually do alot of Christmas promotions, other than what they do the Friday after Thanksgiving. There may be something more, but I wouldn't expect much.

Apple does usually have a price break and related promotions traditionally at MWSF (MacWorld San Francisco), which is usually about 2 weeks after the holidays. That is when they will announce new products, both hardware and software. And with the new products come the price breaks.

So, essentially, Christmas at Apple comes the 2nd week of January at their big shindig in SF.

Hope that helps your decisions!

StarbucksSam

macrumors 65816
Nov 21, 2004
Washington, D.C.
dferigmu said:
If Apple does do a Christmas promotion, around when would it be introduced? An iPod promotion is exactly what I'm waiting for since I want to buy an iMac and an iPod together.

You just missed the one-day iMac/iPod sale yesterday. :( I'm going to say that IF they did it, it would have to be SOON because they need to be SHIPPED in time to GET THERE before Christmas.

dferigmu

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2004
Washington, DC
StarbucksSam said:
You just missed the one-day iMac/iPod sale yesterday. :( I'm going to say that IF they did it, it would have to be SOON because they need to be SHIPPED in time to GET THERE before Christmas.

I didn't miss it. I was at the Apple Store and asked if I could combine those savings with an education discount. The answer was no so I didn't buy anything. The education discount is slightly better than the sales last Friday.

zim

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2002
dferigmu said:
I didn't miss it. I was at the Apple Store and asked if I could combine those savings with an education discount. The answer was no so I didn't buy anything. The education discount is slightly better than the sales last Friday.

All except for the AirPort Express, of which I am now the proud owner of :D

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
StarbucksSam said:
I'm going to say that IF they did it, it would have to be SOON because they need to be SHIPPED in time to GET THERE before Christmas.

Spot on, I fully agree. If Apple does have something in mind they are most likely going to debut it quite soon because they would have to start shipping products yesterday to make sure all the products have ample time to get to their destinations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.