PDA

View Full Version : Who will make a statement first? Mel Gibson or Apple?

zub3qin
Jul 14, 2010, 01:35 PM
Apple is infuriatingly silent on all things iPhone 4 now.
Mel Gibson has his own troubles.

Anyone want to wager on who will make a statement first?
(Apple's previous statement doesn't count)

BeyondtheTech
Jul 14, 2010, 01:38 PM
In all seriousness, that's a tough question. I'd think Apple would speak first though. I think Mel wants to put his ex through the ringer first.

BklynKid
Jul 14, 2010, 01:38 PM
Mel Gibson once he wakes up from binge drinking and realized what had happened...

rotobadger
Jul 14, 2010, 01:40 PM
Lol! Good question. At least Apple still have a career after this!

BadMoon
Jul 14, 2010, 01:47 PM
I love it! I'm going to go with apple. Mel is a celeb and just did something dumb. So his publicist will probably recommend rehab like every other celeb that screws up. LOL! That will take at least a couple of months. So again I say apple.

Philalbe
Jul 14, 2010, 01:47 PM
Ha! It may be a tie. They're both too proud. Steve will problem make a joke in passing at next years iPhone keynote and Mel will probably wait at least a year before doing some kind of Larry King like interview...lol.:p

jaeguyoon
Jul 14, 2010, 01:49 PM
lol best thread ever.

I say mel.

anonymouz1828
Jul 14, 2010, 02:00 PM
lol great question!!! gibson!!

dewdst
Jul 14, 2010, 02:03 PM
best thread

phobic99
Jul 14, 2010, 02:04 PM
I laughed. :D

niuniu
Jul 14, 2010, 02:04 PM
Too funny!

r0k
Jul 14, 2010, 02:08 PM
I voted Apple 'cuz Gibson seems pretty out of touch and Apple has money riding on better customer relations whereas Gibson pretty much burned not only his bridges but the land at both ends of his bridges!

kernkraft
Jul 14, 2010, 02:14 PM
I voted Apple 'cuz Gibson seems pretty out of touch and Apple has money riding on better customer relations whereas Gibson pretty much burned not only his bridges but the land at both ends of his bridges!

Actually, it's currently Apple being out of (iPod) Touch.

Mel Gibson once he wakes up from binge drinking and realized what had happened...

So on that basis I am confident that however long will Apple Inc will continue to deny, it will beat the sober-up time of Mel Gibson.

zub3qin
Jul 14, 2010, 10:55 PM
Well it looks like Apple has blinked. Unless Mel Gibson issues a statement tomorrow (and he may very well), it seems Apple's Friday announcement wins.

I never thought it would happen.

duction
Jul 15, 2010, 02:09 AM
Ya just heard it on the radio here in the uk they will have a press release about the signal issue! Here comes the volentry recall haha.

kernkraft
Jul 15, 2010, 02:22 AM
Well it looks like Apple has blinked. Unless Mel Gibson issues a statement tomorrow (and he may very well), it seems Apple's Friday announcement wins.

I never thought it would happen.

Never underestimate an alcoholic Hollywood actor's tricks and the arrogance of a large tech company!

JosephBergdoll
Jul 15, 2010, 03:40 AM
Heard through the grapevine (numerous unreliable tech blogs, random strangers, friends, and my cat) that Mel Gibson is actually going to be Apple's PR rep at the "we ****ed up" speech on Friday. Imagine that!

wirelessmacuser
Jul 15, 2010, 05:31 AM
What a great thread... So hilarious!

Who would have thought that Apple would dig it's own grave?

Oh sure they will survive just like Mel will. The question is... at what price?

BklynKid
Jul 15, 2010, 06:31 AM
Looks like those of us who said Mel Gibson will end up being WRONG! :eek:

Unless Mel Gibson comes out before tomorrow, we all lose (yet, in some ways, we win) :rolleyes:

itsmemuffins
Jul 15, 2010, 06:40 AM
I voted Mel.

He will say how sorry he is...for donating part of his liver to Steve, as his drinking has now made him ultra stupid.

dXTC
Jul 15, 2010, 10:12 AM
... Mel is a celeb and just did something dumb. So his publicist will probably recommend rehab like every other celeb that screws up...

Only one problem with that scenario: His agency's already dropped him like a bad habit.

Melrose
Jul 15, 2010, 10:56 AM
Mel is such a great guy. I mean, the last time he had a rant like this, he said he was so sorry and didn't mean what he said. C'mon guys, let's give the poor guy the benefit of the doubt.

...not. What an idiot.

Thunderbird
Jul 15, 2010, 11:12 AM
I heard Mel Gibson bought an iPhone 4, and when it dropped a call due to poor signal strength, he got so mad he threw it at his ex-girlfriend while she was holding her baby.

carlgo
Jul 15, 2010, 02:56 PM
I heard Mel Gibson bought an iPhone 4, and when it dropped a call due to poor signal strength, he got so mad he threw it at his ex-girlfriend while she was holding her baby.

Actually, Mel was down at the orphanage handing out kittens he rescued when he tried to make a call on his new iPhone 4. He wasn't aware of the issue and held it the wrong way. This caused a harmful electrical field signal thing to course through his body and altered his brain waves which caused him to go into a rant.

He is suing Apple.