Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silversx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
just got this today finally.. took them 7 days to ship from nor cal to so cal..

got the ultra black.. case is completely scratched up right out of the box..

ok fine whatever.. it's going to get scratched either way..

ultra black is more like ultra clear brown..

sharp edges every where... slippery in hand just like butt naked iphone.. they don't call it nude for nothing..

my biggest issue is the sharp edges.. it feels like they made one case front and back and then chopped it in half with an axe down the middle..

terrible.. those of you that got it.. don't lie to yourself.. it feels like a 5 cent piece of hard plastic.. i thought the bumper was cheap to make.. the cost of this thing probably can't be calculated in US currency because there's nothing lower then a penny.. nice job switcheasy.. last purchase from you

Kevio

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
I feel like they rushed it out just to say they had an iPhone 4 case. I'm sure their pockets are not empty after the Nude's release. I didn't purchase one, but a friend has/had one that I got to play with. 5 cent piece of plastic indeed.

I should also add that I used nothing but Switcheasy cases for my 3G. I was a die hard fan. The Nude is a disappointment.

yode

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2007
Los Angeles
the thing about the nude is, you might as well just get a shield for the front and back, because it's the same protection. and shields are a beter choice becaues you retain the look of the phone with the screen/back protection.

jasyn

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2010
i agree this case is crap .. i'm returning it for sure .. the cut outs for the volume buttons can be easily broken from taken the phone off multiple times as far as i can see.

quality is poor

w3iiipu

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2010
just recieved mine in the mail today and i agree it feels cheap.

plastic edges are sharp and i even found plastic shavings sticking out of the corner around the headphone jack. i can feel the edges cutting into my hand when im holding it while going on a run. (yes i hold my phone when i run)

the case has minor scratches right out the box. But i can understand that since its plastic after all and is meant to be scratched up eventually.

also i notice the camera cut out on the back doesnt exactly align with the metal ring of the camera. It doesnt affect the visibility of the camera but im anal like that when i see little imperfection such as this.

Pretty sure slapping two sheilds front and back will give u the same protection as the Nude case.

Ultimately....this case definitely priced way beyond its value.

Anyone had success with returning the product yet?

jasyn

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2010
just recieved mine in the mail today and i agree it feels cheap.

plastic edges are sharp and i even found plastic shavings sticking out of the corner around the headphone jack. i can feel the edges cutting into my hand when im holding it while going on a run. (yes i hold my phone when i run)

the case has minor scratches right out the box. But i can understand that since its plastic after all and is meant to be scratched up eventually.

also i notice the camera cut out on the back doesnt exactly align with the metal ring of the camera. It doesnt affect the visibility of the camera but im anal like that when i see little imperfection such as this.

Pretty sure slapping two sheilds front and back will give u the same protection as the Nude case.

Ultimately....this case definitely priced way beyond its value.

Anyone had success with returning the product yet?

i e-mailed them asking to return the product .. haven't had a response yet but i when i tried to cancel the order they told me that there was a 45 day return period.

iTzChasE

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2008
I asked switcheasy to cancel my order a few days ago and they have not yet sent me a response.

iMetalG5

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2005
yup a co-worker got it and he was :mad: and bought a candyshell instead. not sure how he found one but he did. i looked at it and the thing is worth maybe $0.50. sharp edges, flash, whatever. terrible. totally rushed.

jp93

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Just mailed mine back to switcheasy today. Email them and they will tell you to print out their response. Then you send it to SE Return at 800 Belmont lane, Tracy Ca 95377. It's the same address as the one the package they send you. Email them first though!

peestandingup

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2006
I agree. Got my clear one today. It's complete junk. I cant believe they'd even sell this to people. Its made of extremely cheap plastic.

It came scratched. But it wouldnt matter anyway. Its a complete bitch to get on/off. Its hard plastic with zero give, so you gotta literally force it on with a process that will def scratch your phone up. Luckily I had a full body shield on my phone (which it pushed up in some corners & now looks like crap). Thanks a lot.

Avoid this thing like the plague.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.