PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to store Wifi MAC Address caches for Google Maps?

cathyy
Jul 15, 2010, 12:59 AM
Okay I'm sure most of you know that the iPod Touch is able to determine your location by detecting nearby networks and locating your position by triangulating the signals of those networks.

I've noticed that there were various times where the iPod was still able to determine my location even though I wasn't connected to any network at that time, so the data for this has to be cached somewhere in the iPod.

Does anyone know how to permanently save this data into the iPod so that you will be able to constantly determine your location even without an active internet connection?

mi986
Jul 15, 2010, 01:38 AM
The cache would be useless as it wouldn't be accurate to where you are.

Maybe if you explore how FakeLocation (Jailbreak app) works, you could find out what it alters.

But really, why do you need to keep the cache?

cathyy
Jul 15, 2010, 01:55 AM
The cache would be useless as it wouldn't be accurate to where you are.

Maybe if you explore how FakeLocation (Jailbreak app) works, you could find out what it alters.

But really, why do you need to keep the cache?

How come the cache wouldn't be accurate to where you are?

Basically I want to do this for 2 reasons:

1) It acts as GPS
2) So that I'm able to use some location services such as those that tell you nearby bus stops or ATMs

I tried using FakeLocation but it doesn't seem to work for me, possibly because I made some modifications to my Google maps so that I'm able to view it all the time.