PDA

View Full Version : WTT: Older PB for IB

slooksterPSV
Nov 9, 2004, 04:29 PM
Hey I was wondering if anyone wanted to trade their iBook (as long as its SE or above (in other words it supports Panther)) for my Powerbook. Read its specs at the bottom. It has to have at least 192MB of RAM and a 6GB HDD. Other than that, the batter must last for at least 20-40 min. at max.

I know now one will want to do this, but its worth a shot.

TLRedhawke
Nov 9, 2004, 04:37 PM
You don't need firewire to support Panther, only Tiger. Panther just requires on-board USB, which all iBooks have.

slooksterPSV
Nov 9, 2004, 04:39 PM
Check this link out: http://www.apple.com/macosx/upgrade/requirements.html

thats just what it says.

Elan0204
Nov 9, 2004, 05:14 PM
slooksterPSV, I think you are misreading the Apple page you linked to. There is a comma between iBook and SE indicating two seperate models. Plus the 300MHz iBook SE only came in graphite, yet the picture shows the tangerine and blueberry iBooks (the non-SE models). All iBook models support Panther, since they have the required on board USB port(s). Your Wallstreet doesn't support Panther due to the lack of on board USB.

BTW, what is the processor speed of your Wallstreet? You skipped that spec when creating your signature.

dsharits
Nov 9, 2004, 10:51 PM
I very succesfully loaded Panther on my Blueberry iBook (300 MHz, 384 MB RAM, 40 GB HD, no firewire).

Daniel

Hemingray
Nov 9, 2004, 11:45 PM
I very succesfully loaded Panther on my Blueberry iBook (300 MHz, 384 MB RAM, 40 GB HD, no firewire).

Daniel

Ditto. I have a tangerine Rev.A iBook running Panther just fine.

slooksterPSV
Nov 9, 2004, 11:49 PM
Well, I think I have a sale goin on right now, so I don't think I'll be selling my PB, Please put this thread in the Wasteland plz.