jaeguyoon
Jul 16, 2010, 04:44 AM
Not for me either :(

btrav13
Jul 16, 2010, 06:19 AM
Nope, nothing yet.

gwynne
Jul 16, 2010, 06:33 AM
Check your email and have your credit card ready.

pelicanflip
Jul 16, 2010, 09:41 AM
the cake is a lie. :(

btrav13
Jul 16, 2010, 10:12 AM
Check your email and have your credit card ready.

Still nothing...is this some tease?

gwynne
Jul 16, 2010, 10:20 AM
Nah, I really did get an invite last night. (I don't care about Hulu all that much and I promise I don't need attention badly enough to make this up.) But maybe the OP of this thread shouldn't have used the word 'lots' in the subject line without more data?

I made the 'credit card' crack because Hulu wants you to give them $10 right off the bat, before you ever get to try the app at all. I declined. Even Netflix gives you a free trial period.

EDIT: Paste from my email:

Hello from Hulu,

Good news! Your Hulu Plus preview invite is ready.

To get started, click on the link below (or paste it into your browser):
[url/code deleted]

We would love to hear your feedback on the preview. To share your feedback, please use this form:
http://www.hulu.com/support/support_form?category=plusbeta

Learn more about Hulu Plus at http://www.hulu.com/plus.

Happy watching,
The Hulu Team

Zimmy68
Jul 16, 2010, 03:14 PM
Hulu wants $10 with the invite!?!?!??!

Oh Hulu, can't you do anything right?

iphone1105
Jul 16, 2010, 03:32 PM
Hulu wants $10 with the invite!?!?!??!

Oh Hulu, can't you do anything right?

Umm you expected it to be free? Oh Zimmy, can you do anything right? ;)

ravenvii
Jul 16, 2010, 03:46 PM
I'm wondering, can you send the links to others? Or is it tied to your email address?

iphone1105
Jul 16, 2010, 03:49 PM
I'm wondering, can you send the links to others? Or is it tied to your email address?

Nope, its tied to the account, you're sol

gwynne
Jul 16, 2010, 04:07 PM
Umm you expected it to be free?

Did I expect the preview period to be free? Yes.

iphone1105
Jul 16, 2010, 04:34 PM
Did I expect the preview period to be free? Yes.

Well you should've known better, these are businesses trying to make some scratch....:cool::p

ashVID
Jul 16, 2010, 04:50 PM
Preview period is over. This is soft launch. 10s of thousands of invites went out last night.

Ash

gwynne
Jul 16, 2010, 06:00 PM
My email from last night says preview. I guess I'll leave it at that.

ashVID
Jul 16, 2010, 06:53 PM
Still called preview, there is still free content to mess around with that requires no registering.

Ash

macswitcha2
Jul 17, 2010, 12:07 AM
Hope I get an invite...been a hulu fan for a while..

SnowLeopard2008
Jul 17, 2010, 12:29 AM
I would pay $10 but I heard that some of the content on the free site isn't on Hulu Plus which confuses me. I thought Hulu Plus was Hulu plus some more content. And they should lessen the ads. Or get rid of them all together.

ashVID
Jul 17, 2010, 12:40 PM
The mobile hulu+ is missing some of the free content that is on hulu desktop. Not sure if it is a logistics issue or a contractual one. I think it's funny that people blame hulu for charging or showing ads, it's the content creators demanding it. MP3's were "free" for a while, are people really mad at Apple for charging $0.99+ for a song now?

Also, it's an opt-in value added service, you certainly don't have to sign up.

ash =o)

SnowLeopard2008
Jul 17, 2010, 01:09 PM
The mobile hulu+ is missing some of the free content that is on hulu desktop. Not sure if it is a logistics issue or a contractual one. I think it's funny that people blame hulu for charging or showing ads, it's the content creators demanding it. MP3's were "free" for a while, are people really mad at Apple for charging $0.99+ for a song now?

Also, it's an opt-in value added service, you certainly don't have to sign up.

ash =o)

I understand the TV networks and other content providers demanding ads. What I don't understand is the whole system. The mobile Hulu+ free gallery barely has anything at all. The paid version I heard has less content than the free desktop version. The free gallery is essentially useless. On my iPad, I can watch all episodes of Rookie Blue, Jimmy Fallon, etc. for free (with ads). So far, the free service from ABC gives me more content than all of mobile Hulu+ free gallery. I don't understand what I get for the extra $9 a month. If Hulu+ made it easier to understand and maybe a free trial period...

Basically, paid Hulu+ gives me less than the free site. Which makes no sense.

Zimmy68
Jul 17, 2010, 04:21 PM
Umm you expected it to be free? Oh Zimmy, can you do anything right? ;)

Yeah, crazy me for thinking that a preview period would be free.
If they were going to charge all along, why the hold up?

Come to think of it, why only $10? Just make it $20 or even $50?
Have fun with it Hulu!

btrav13
Jul 17, 2010, 05:11 PM
It just feels like we're getting to the point where we are being "subscribed" to death. I mean, gaming subscriptions, Netflix, cell phone data plan, iPad data plans, mobile internet (like MIFI or Overdrive) plans, recurring app charges...

If they're going to make money off adds, end-users should get it free. If it's a paid service, it should come with the convenience of avoiding ads. Just my thoughts.

Chris Rogers
Jul 17, 2010, 09:18 PM
It just feels like we're getting to the point where we are being "subscribed" to death. I mean, gaming subscriptions, Netflix, cell phone data plan, iPad data plans, mobile internet (like MIFI or Overdrive) plans, recurring app charges...

Absolutely! I'm kinda tired of it also.

ViperDesign
Jul 18, 2010, 01:55 AM
still no hulu invite for me, really want to use it on my ipad

KevinM2
Jul 19, 2010, 10:45 AM
Any UK Hulu Plus account users out there ?

I got my hulu plus invite earlier today, but living in the UK, none of my credit cards seems to work with the hulu plus sign-up. It's probably the ZIP (postal) code that it causing the problem.

Have any UK users managed (or are even bothered) to sign up and get a working account?

jav6454
Jul 19, 2010, 10:47 AM
I really would like to pay those $10 (it would save me $40 a month). However, the idiots at Hulu don't send me an invite.

Galley
Jul 19, 2010, 11:24 AM
I got mine last night. I was watching episode 3 of "The Good Guys" and found an annoying bug. It was determined to show me 420 seconds of commercials. That would be bad enough, but it wasn't able to finish them because the video kept quitting and returning to the menu. I had to watch the rest of the episode on my iMac. :confused:

ViperDesign
Jul 19, 2010, 07:31 PM
still waiting here as well

GoCubsGo
Jul 19, 2010, 07:40 PM
I really would like to pay those $10 (it would save me $40 a month). However, the idiots at Hulu don't send me an invite.
Kinda harsh there. :cool:

I don't think not sending you an invite makes anyone an idiot. Sorry but life isn't the jav6454 show. When it goes public you'll be able to pay them $10 a month until you're bye in the face.

TXCraig
Aug 1, 2010, 12:54 PM
How long do we have to wait for this? I think Apple needs to step in and say "the app does not work as advertised" and yank it until ANYONE can download the app and subscribe to the service.

Hulu is not new to this the streaming business and they know how much bandwidth is needed to provide this service. They also have known now for months how many people are interested in the service. NetFlix did not seem to have any problems.....

I signed up for an invite the day... in fact the hour... the app dropped and still can't use the service months later. I'm just about to delete it as I don't keep apps around that don't work.

The have and have not stuff only works for Google for free stuff, but when you do this this for a pay service, it's more of a put off. S*it or get off the pot! I have a feeling they are toying with this and content creators and really have no problem with streaming, they have more a problem deciding if this is going to fly with content creators and its all a big test...

Test apps have no business in the App Store

Apple II
Aug 1, 2010, 05:54 PM
Got an invite last night and finally signed up.

The app itself seems to work well. There is a lot of content available, but most if it is older programming or shows that are available free on the ABC app. If more current stuff doesn't find its way on, I doubt I will keep a subscription over the long term.

Tomomcd
Aug 3, 2010, 04:50 AM
Has anyone managed to sign up for this from the uk?

My usual virtual credit card payment method doesn't seem to work for this :confused: Works fine for netflix :cool:

Rondue
Aug 9, 2010, 11:18 PM
Got my invite, wants to charge me 10 dollars for a bunch of shows i can just download in higher quality without ads for free...... FAIL much?

ViperDesign
Aug 10, 2010, 01:09 AM
i finally got the invite, and I like it. THe higher quality is nice and will be even better when I hook up my cpu to my tv at home.

I think it is worth the money.

pelicanflip
Aug 10, 2010, 09:10 AM
Just got my invite. Can anyone link me to a list of shows that have full seasons/series on Hulu Plus?

ashVID
Aug 10, 2010, 09:49 AM
http://www.hulu.com/plus#content-current-season

Please note that they are still working on deals for distro to mobile so not everything that you get on the desktop will be on the iPad/iPhone version. That's a limitation right now, hopefully it gets resolved.

ash =o)

Zimmy68
Aug 11, 2010, 07:39 AM
http://www.hulu.com/plus#content-current-season

Please note that they are still working on deals for distro to mobile so not everything that you get on the desktop will be on the iPad/iPhone version. That's a limitation right now, hopefully it gets resolved.

ash =o)

They sure got the $10 per month working. ;)

gsmumbo
Aug 15, 2010, 08:31 AM
How long do we have to wait for this? I think Apple needs to step in and say "the app does not work as advertised" and yank it until ANYONE can download the app and subscribe to the service.

Hulu is not new to this the streaming business and they know how much bandwidth is needed to provide this service. They also have known now for months how many people are interested in the service. NetFlix did not seem to have any problems.....

I signed up for an invite the day... in fact the hour... the app dropped and still can't use the service months later. I'm just about to delete it as I don't keep apps around that don't work.

The have and have not stuff only works for Google for free stuff, but when you do this this for a pay service, it's more of a put off. S*it or get off the pot! I have a feeling they are toying with this and content creators and really have no problem with streaming, they have more a problem deciding if this is going to fly with content creators and its all a big test...

Test apps have no business in the App Store

Does not work as advertised? "... with a Hulu Plus subscription. Request an invite to preview the Hulu Plus subscription service for $9.99 a month at..."

It works exactly as advertised. Just now how you like it. It is functional as even without an invite you still get the preview shows so it's not completely useless without an invite.

That being said I got my invite some time ago and I am loving Hulu Plus so far. It doesn't have every show the main site has but each show in there has at bare minimum an entire season, most shows have every season out. The unpaid Hulu only has a few episodes per show. My gf and I got in to Glee because of Hulu Plus. :D