PDA

View Full Version : China UFO Sighting July 7 (Video from ABC News)?

theMaccer
Jul 16, 2010, 04:41 AM
http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/93848?fp=1

http://abcnews.go.com/International/ufo-china-closes-airport-prompts-investigation/story?id=11159531

On July 7, something unusual happened near the Xiaoshan Airport in Hangzhou, China. An oddly shaped bright light appeared, forcing the airport to close down and delay 18 flights. Things are now back to normal, but people are wondering, what was that "thing"?...

Ttownbeast
Jul 16, 2010, 11:16 AM
http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/93848?fp=1

http://abcnews.go.com/International/ufo-china-closes-airport-prompts-investigation/story?id=11159531

On July 7, something unusual happened near the Xiaoshan Airport in Hangzhou, China. An oddly shaped bright light appeared, forcing the airport to close down and delay 18 flights. Things are now back to normal, but people are wondering, what was that "thing"?...

no mystery it was projected from the ground against a cloud somebody's playing a hoax and not even a very good one.

runplaysleeprun
Jul 16, 2010, 11:42 AM
no mystery it was projected from the ground against a cloud somebody's playing a hoax and not even a very good one.

Its still a UFO- an unidentified flying object. UFO /= Aliens... necessarily.

Ttownbeast
Jul 16, 2010, 12:07 PM
Its still a UFO- an unidentified flying object. UFO /= Aliens... necessarily.

It would have to be an actual "flying object" not a projected image to be a UFO terrestrial or otherwise this for now is just a "UPI" at least until Chinese authorities trace the source (and probably severely punish whoever is behind it by burying them in some hole someplace)....and who said anything about Aliens--seriously don't read too much into my sig on this one?

Mousse
Jul 16, 2010, 02:20 PM

Here's the UFO from a different angle.:D

Ttownbeast
Jul 16, 2010, 05:54 PM
Here's the UFO from a different angle.:D

OMG it's a Chinese Batman! LOL

The one pic they show of it where the radiating beams go wider toward the surface is the one I'd really have to question since the shot seems to be somewhere near the vantage point of the source of the projection that tells me right there whoever took that shot in all likelihood was the hoaxer responsible or at the very least involved in the prank

redAPPLE
Jul 18, 2010, 05:06 AM
in our age of millions and millions of iPhones and other phones with built-in cameras, not to mention iPods, point+shoot and dslr cameras etc. nobody even took a video of that so-called UFO?

if get the chance, you can bet, i would film it. and try to keep my hand steady while filming ;)

well, it is china, so maybe they were confiscated...

Abstract
Jul 18, 2010, 08:12 AM
Like it matters whether it was a photo or video. The skeptics will remain skeptics, while the enlightened know........it has begun!

Ttownbeast
Jul 18, 2010, 02:03 PM
in our age of millions and millions of iPhones and other phones with built-in cameras, not to mention iPods, point+shoot and dslr cameras etc. nobody even took a video of that so-called UFO?

if get the chance, you can bet, i would film it. and try to keep my hand steady while filming ;)

That's the funny thing isn't it--now that humanity has wider access to the technology why aren't there more documented sightings of Bigfoot, The Loch Ness monster, UFO's, Chupacabre, ghosts, etc?......Is it either a massively huge conspiracy where millions of people are covering up the evidence? or the more logical explanation that these things do not exist or happen?

Don't get me wrong though, I am keen on the concept that we are not the only life in the universe I just have my doubts as to the possibility of anything unearthly actually coming to visit us.

niuniu
Jul 18, 2010, 02:08 PM

There lots of video footage of the UFO on that day. I guess you haven't discovered Google yet.

Anyway, good for them - at least they aren't claiming it's a sign from a God like some batsh*t crazy people do in other countries ;)

angelneo
Jul 20, 2010, 01:42 AM
Second Sighting

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/16/china-ufo-sightings-back_n_649244.html

EDIT:
Apparently, there's one preceding this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWPGLvbFWzQ

BornAgainMac
Jul 20, 2010, 10:08 PM
UFO pics never show anything in detail. I want to see HD footage up close during the day with Hollywood movie quality with no shakes and no zooming in and out.

Ttownbeast
Jul 21, 2010, 07:05 AM
UFO pics never show anything in detail. I want to see HD footage up close during the day with Hollywood movie quality with no shakes and no zooming in and out.

Yah Hollywood movie quality will do--like the Blair Witch Project LOL

runplaysleeprun
Jul 21, 2010, 04:42 PM
It would have to be an actual "flying object" not a projected image to be a UFO terrestrial or otherwise this for now is just a "UPI" at least until Chinese authorities trace the source (and probably severely punish whoever is behind it by burying them in some hole someplace)....and who said anything about Aliens--seriously don't read too much into my sig on this one?

Agreed. The aliens thing was not really directed at you, just another error people commonly make.

leekohler
Jul 21, 2010, 05:25 PM

If it were projected from the ground, the light would also be quite bright from the ground. But if you look at the pics, the light is brightest at the top and much more faint on the ground. In one pic, there's no ground to sky light at all.

That-Is-Bull
Jul 21, 2010, 06:11 PM
I don't think it was just a light coming from the ground, they said it was "detected." I don't see how light would be able to be detected, unless they just mean some guy saw something.

Jaffa Cake
Jul 21, 2010, 06:14 PM
I've read a few thoughts online that the 'object' that was sighted was actually the trail from a missile being tested by the Chinese military. Certainly, the images differ greatly from the spotlightesque image in the OP's link.

TuffLuffJimmy
Jul 21, 2010, 06:16 PM
Aliens. The logical answer. :rolleyes:

That's not jumping to ridiculous conclusions at all.

Dagless
Jul 21, 2010, 07:17 PM
I love a good UFO story. God knows what it is, but that's part o' the fun. Also it's part of the name.