Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Does anyone know when/if these cases will be coming out for the iPhone4? All they have on their website is a "Coming Soon" section with the crappy crystal cases. Their support page is of no help either.

marcr92

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
Does anyone know when/if these cases will be coming out for the iPhone4? All they have on their website is a "Coming Soon" section with the crappy crystal cases. Their support page is of no help either.

I called the company and spoke to a representative...she said the cases would be released within the first week or two of August.

I don't know which case to get though: Otterbox Commuter or Contour Showcase?

If anyone has non-stock pictures, meaning the actual Commuter case on your iPhone 4, please post them, although I don't think it's out yet. Anyone who had a 3G or 3GS.. was the commuter too bulky? Or was it a perfect balance in between the brick of a case defender and the barely protective impact?

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
I called the company and spoke to a representative...she said the cases would be released within the first week or two of August.

I don't know which case to get though: Otterbox Commuter or Contour Showcase?

If anyone has non-stock pictures, meaning the actual Commuter case on your iPhone 4, please post them, although I don't think it's out yet. Anyone who had a 3G or 3GS.. was the commuter too bulky? Or was it a perfect balance in between the brick of a case defender and the barely protective impact?

Between the Otterbox and Showcase, the Showcase was considerably less bulky. The Commuter case was pretty bulky and didn't seem like it offered good protection. I had the Showcase for my3G and dropped it many a times and it held up each and every single time. Can't wait for the IP4 version to come out. If in doubt, head to your local mall and check out the cell phone accessory kiosks. They usually have the no-name,knock off versions of these cases.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
I may have found a picture of it, not sure if this is a rendering though, but here's the link, and it's pretty cheap. I will be calling monday to find out if this is the real picture and when it will be available

http://www.smalldog.com/product/76756/contour-showcase-with-holster-stand-for-iphone-4/atfgc

VERY COOL!!:D thanks. I just placed the order. I originally order from here;

http://www.onsale.com/p/Contour-Design-Cellular-Telephony/product~dpno~8171256~pdp.gbjibjh

w/shipping it came out to $30. Your link actually as reasonable shipping costs and is a little cheaper so I'll just wind up canceling the other order. They (OnSale.com) called and told me this wasn't available yet (like I didn't know that already) and would be on hand around 8/17/10 or somewhere close to there.

marcr92

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
VERY COOL!!:D thanks. I just placed the order. I originally order from here;

http://www.onsale.com/p/Contour-Design-Cellular-Telephony/product~dpno~8171256~pdp.gbjibjh

w/shipping it came out to $30. Your link actually as reasonable shipping costs and is a little cheaper so I'll just wind up canceling the other order. They (OnSale.com) called and told me this wasn't available yet (like I didn't know that already) and would be on hand around 8/17/10 or somewhere close to there.

no problem

i'm going to be canceling my otterbox commuter order and getting this one

transpo1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
This Friday 8/20

Thought everyone might like to know- I spoke with a Contour representative, and she said they would probably receive the Showcase this Friday, along with pictures on their website. Of course, if you've ordered from Smalldog.com, as I have, it will take time for them to receive them before sending them out.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Thought everyone might like to know- I spoke with a Contour representative, and she said they would probably receive the Showcase this Friday, along with pictures on their website. Of course, if you've ordered from Smalldog.com, as I have, it will take time for them to receive them before sending them out.

Cool. Ordered from SmallDog as well. Hopefully I'll be able to get the case sometime next week. Sick of all this waiting for a freaking case :mad:

Aeroflux

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2009
Thanks Transpo1! The bumper has been driving me mad...I've been waiting for this case ever since launch.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town

Good info.

Aeroflux

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2009
Pre-ordered at costcentral.com for 30.79 with FedEx ground. I hope it's worth the wait.

Felix_thinking.gif

transpo1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
No News Yet.

There's nothing new on contourdesign.com yet. If anyone wants to see what the status is, their customer service #is 800-462-6678.

jgu

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2010
Been waiting for a while for their cases for iphone 4. Would love to see what the "Contour Design SHOWCASE FLICK" looks like. Had the flick case for 3G and it was great, I could use the standard dock, without taking off the case.

original6

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2010
Just spoke with a sales rep from Contour, and she said that they should have already had them in, but there was a problem with customs, and they are being held there...She said in the next two weeks they should be come available...

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Just spoke with a sales rep from Contour, and she said that they should have already had them in, but there was a problem with customs, and they are being held there...She said in the next two weeks they should be come available...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

transpo1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010

Thanks for the info, original6.

Just spoke with them again and she confirmed they wouldn't be available for another couple of weeks, and that they won't have pics up on the website until that point, when the shipment comes in. It sounded like it was going to take up to two whole weeks for the shipment to get there due to the custom issues.

I'm really curious to see what the real thing looks like instead of just the renders on smalldog.com...

Aeroflux

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2009
I'm really curious to see what the real thing looks like instead of just the renders on smalldog.com...

Me too, but I hope the design is mostly the same; i.e. the case lock, the protective border around the camera lens, embedded buttons and internal rubber pads. The only issue is whether the noise cancellation mic was considered. The computer design images don't account for one.

If that's the only defect in design then I'm not worried. It's a very simple problem for a dremel. :D

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Just received an email update from Small Dog. Said they received notice from Contour that the cases wouldn't be available until mid-September at the earliest :mad:

transpo1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Small Dog Email

Just received an email update from Small Dog. Said they received notice from Contour that the cases wouldn't be available until mid-September at the earliest :mad:

I got the same email- sticking with the order for now...

Aeroflux

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2009
Oh hell yeah...looks great but still can't see the headphone/noise-canceling mic port. Hope this means it's releasing soon. :D

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Nice. Hopefully the real thing delivers. Still not sure about the whole locking latch but hopefully they did it right. From the pics, at least they got the camera cut out right.

AuroraProject

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2008
Right there
Glad I searched! I was just going to start a thread asking why there is nothing from Contour yet. I've had the showcase on iPods and my 3g, looking forward to it on my i4.

original6

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2010
Just some FYI Updates...

Just spoke with Contour, and the guy I spoke with said that they have been released from Customs and they should be arriving in the next week...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.