Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you happy with Apple's decision to give out free Bumper case?

• Yes

Votes: 301 72.5%
  • No

Votes: 114 27.5%

• Total voters

baller1308

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2009
While I don't know how it's packaged I would assume you would need the original packaging in order to return it. That's how it usually is with returns.

stephensays

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2010
They did not ask me for original packaging when I returned my bumper, but I ended up buying a white one and they did it as an exchange.

macfanboy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Free bumpers!

Steve jobs just announced freee cased for iphone 4 owners!

EDIT: cases not bumpers

sasj15

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2009
Finally, free bumper iPhone 4

As ars technica live blogger, Steve announced free bumper for all iPhone 4 users

livingonvideo13

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
Its Offical - Free Case For Everybody!

Just announced that everybody gets a free case!

====

Apple has just announced that everybody that buys an iPhone 4 up until Sep. 30th will get a free case/bumper.

Steve said

"We're going to send you a free case. We can't make enough bumpers. No way we can make enough in the quarter. So we're going to source some cases and give you a choice."

A free case for every iPhone 4 buyer. If you got one, we'll give you a refund.

And if you're not happy, you can bring the phone back. We'll give you a full refund within 30 days. No restocking fee. We want to make everyone happy, and if we can't make you happy we'll give you a full refund.

You will be able to get one on their web site starting some time early next week.

manhattanboy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2007
In ur GF's bed, Oh no he didn't!
Whoopie!
iphone-reception-pc-0956-rm-eng.jpg

iphone-reception-pc-0963-rm-eng.jpg

cowsrus

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2008
"free bumper to everyone who buys an iphone 4 up until september 30th"

...looks like the hardware fix of the antenna issue isnt coming until october...

lordking65

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2009
San Diego, California, USA
Free Cases For Everyone!!

"We're going to send you a free case. We can't make enough bumpers. No way we can make enough in the quarter. So we're going to source some cases and give you a choice."

Yeah!! Lets Gooo!!!

JUST ANNOUNCED!!!

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
yay great a free piece of ****** 20c rubber!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

How can someone complain about something that is free? :confused:

And...

Steve Jobs said:
We're going to send you a free case. We can't make enough bumpers. No way we can make enough in the quarter. So we're going to source some cases and give you a choice.

coasterider

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Washington, DC
I don't want a free Bumper, I want my phone to work!

Even with Jobs comparing this phone to other phones with signal issues, did they drop calls as soon as you touched the "X marks the spot?" I don't think so. I'm disappointed and I do not think Steve Jobs answered the right questions.

jp93

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Im interested in seeing which free cases apple will offer besides the bumopers. Hopefully good cases :)

markel253

macrumors regular
May 17, 2008
Be curious to see how they handle this ...

I have a case I bought at AT&T ... no receipt any more as I disposed of it when I knew that the case was fine.

Will they still refund what I spent on the case?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.