PDA

View Full Version : Oh the Irony...

jeremy.king
Nov 10, 2004, 03:02 PM
I thought this was pretty ironic...Look at the thread I was reading AND the ad at the top :D

Has this been pointed out before?

zelmo
Nov 10, 2004, 03:06 PM
Yup, but the irony is amusing and worth repeating :p

dotnina
Nov 10, 2004, 03:25 PM
How dare it mock Mudbug's authority! :eek: ;)

stoid
Nov 10, 2004, 03:28 PM
Looks like some of our ad affiliates are going to get banned or wastelanded. :D

michaelrjohnson
Nov 10, 2004, 05:09 PM
Yes, Ironic!

Will Curran
Nov 10, 2004, 06:13 PM
affiliates banned or wastelanded?

http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~streko/ahh.jpg
oh noes!

stubeeef
Nov 10, 2004, 08:45 PM
there was a banner at the bottom about picking your free ipod! :p :p

Is it irony, or proof that we are all whores? Slaves to the advertising $$ that pay the way! :eek: :eek:

dotnina
Nov 11, 2004, 01:47 AM
affiliates banned or wastelanded?

http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~streko/ahh.jpg
oh noes!

Please tell me that you did not set fire to a paper bag atop {your | someone's} head solely for the purpose of contributing to this thread? ;)

~Shard~
Nov 11, 2004, 08:38 AM
This kind of stuff makes my day, thanks for the pic. :cool:

Veldek
Nov 11, 2004, 09:13 AM
Please tell me that you did not set fire to a paper bag atop {your | someone's} head solely for the purpose of contributing to this thread? ;)

Iíd say itís photoshopped...

Doctor Q
Nov 11, 2004, 03:59 PM
Yes, we know this happens. Yes, it's been reported. No, I don't think we can fix it.

Whether a post says "let's talk about lemurs" or "please don't talk about lemurs", the ad generator will likely pick ads about lemurs. As far as I know, we can't disable particular words or topics that it picks up on.

Hemingray
Nov 11, 2004, 05:39 PM
Whether a post says "let's talk about lemurs" or "please don't talk about lemurs", the ad generator will likely pick ads about lemurs. As far as I know, we can't disable particular words or topics that it picks up on.

Bwahaha... if we all mentioned "lemurs" enough times, this ad from Google might show up at the bottom:

mkrishnan
Nov 11, 2004, 06:08 PM
So just out of curiousity, do y'all really turn pithhelmet or adblock off just to play with the ads that show up on Macrumors? Cuz I know at least sone if you use 'em. ;)

homerjward
Nov 11, 2004, 07:09 PM
hmm...i wanna see some funny ads...fudge bacon
fudge bacon
fudge bacon
fudge bacon
fudge baconfudge bacon
fudge bacon fudge bacon fudge bacon fudge bacon fudge bacon fudge bacon fudge bacon fudge bacon fudge bacon fudge bacon fudge bacon fudge bacon fudge bacon fudge bacon fudge bacon
fudge bacon fudge bacon fudge bacon fudge bacon fudge bacon fudge bacon fudge bacon fudge bacon fudge bacon fudge bacon fudge bacon fudge bacon

dsharits
Nov 11, 2004, 10:15 PM
Has anyone noticed the banner at the bottom of this thread? :p

Daniel

EDIT: Never mind. I guess it only shows up every now and then. It was a free iPod banner, in case you were wondering.

Doctor Q
Nov 11, 2004, 10:34 PM
Has anyone noticed the banner at the bottom of this thread?Yes, that ad was the point of this thread.

AmigoMac
Nov 12, 2004, 02:17 PM
I have seen ads of *resellers* selling Powermac G6 :rolleyes:

Will Curran
Nov 13, 2004, 06:06 PM

Actually I had seen a similar picture on Albinoblacksheep.com but it has their url on it and says oh noes. So I search for a picture of a guy on fire, and put oh noes under it. It's probably psed, but I doubt it.

jimsowden
Nov 20, 2004, 08:45 PM
I thought this was pretty ironic...Look at the thread I was reading AND the ad at the top :D

Has this been pointed out before?
I find it ironic you browse macrumors on a PC.

jared_kipe
Nov 21, 2004, 06:44 PM

*Gasp* .. he knows...

~Shard~
Nov 21, 2004, 08:01 PM
*Gasp* .. he knows...

Well it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out... ;)

mkrishnan
Nov 22, 2004, 11:05 AM

Well, I do that too, at *school*...I don't take my iBook with me absolutely everywhere I go, ya know... :D *thinks about this some more and then apologizes profusely and runs home to grab iBook* ;)