PDA

View Full Version : iPod Personalization (engraving) Gallery

MacBytes
Nov 10, 2004, 04:28 PM
Category: Apple Hardware
Link: iPod Personalization (engraving) Gallery (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20041110172854)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

painimies
Nov 10, 2004, 05:59 PM
That site is the lamest thing Apple has published, ever.

mkjellman
Nov 10, 2004, 06:22 PM
lol, I like it and it may inspire people imho...my favorite is "cool kids have ipods" hehheheh they have become the coolest thing next to sliced bread huh?

mixylplik3
Nov 10, 2004, 06:24 PM
Ugh. Resize the window on me like that. LAME!

Macmaniac
Nov 10, 2004, 06:48 PM
Apple is starting to get full of themselves, they need a dose of modesty.

Mainyehc
Nov 10, 2004, 07:08 PM
Awww... This is just a rip-off of www.ipodlaughs.com ... only ipodlaughs make you... er... laugh?? :p

bennetsaysargh
Nov 10, 2004, 07:39 PM
wow. the music went to apple's heads. they are way too confident with everything now. oh well, let steve have his ego-trip :p

MacBandit
Nov 11, 2004, 12:33 AM
Isn't this just a way of providing suggestions to people for their engraving service. It may be free at the moment but it will not be free in the future and if they can suggest an idea that someone likes then they just made an extra sale.

nagromme
Nov 11, 2004, 12:55 AM
Hyping an iPod feature lacking from other vendors, on a product that has 92% of the market and is a cultural icon. How is that an ego trip? It's marketing. That's life.

g4cubed
Nov 11, 2004, 11:23 AM
Hyping an iPod feature lacking from other vendors, on a product that has 92% of the market and is a cultural icon. How is that an ego trip? It's marketing. That's life.
I think it's kinda lame but you're right about marketing. It's all about marketing.

painimies
Nov 11, 2004, 03:01 PM
What I meant was that the idea of promoting engravings is not a bad one, but the suggested engravings are embarassing, IMHO. Most of them are cute and innocent, but in a very not cool way, which is why they don't quite match with the iPod brand very well.
Also the attempts at humour are very weak. There was like two slogans which I thought were ok.
I think they should find a better copywriter or (if these are real engravings suggested by real people) find someone with better taste to pick the slogans.

I have no idea why I rant about this, since it really is such a non-issue.

dejo
Nov 12, 2004, 11:54 AM
Can you even navigate to this section on the Apple site without the direct link?