PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 "Import SIM Contacts

Richard Bus
Jul 16, 2010, 04:44 PM
Just talked to Apple tech support. They tell me there is no way to "Import SIM Contacts" to the new iPhone 4 like there is on the 3GS. What???

My wife now has a new iPhone 4 but here 300 contacts from here old LG phone are not available to transfer? Surely someone out there knows how to do this?

Apple said they never considered someone would go to the iPhone 4 from anything other than the iPhone 3. Huh???

ichiban06
Jul 16, 2010, 09:58 PM
The way I did it was to save the contacts onto my unlocked Nokia N95 then I put the Iphone Sim into the N95 and copied the contacts into the sim then put it back into the Iphone.

You then goto Settings -> Mail, Contact, Calenders then tap on "Import Sim Contacts"

Job Done!

Applejuiced
Jul 16, 2010, 10:31 PM
The why I did it was to save the contacts onto my unlocked Nokia N95 then I put the Iphone Sim into the N95 and copied the contacts into the sim then put it back into the Iphone.

You then goto Settings -> Mail, Contact, Calenders then tap on "Import Sim Contacts"

Job Done!

That will work with the iphone if he trims his original sim to microsim size. Then import them like that.
Cause regural simcards wont fit inside the iphone 4.