PDA

View Full Version : Somthings up at Apple

MacRumors
Jul 2, 2001, 11:49 AM
Cory (mailto:) writes "If you got to the Apple store and configure a cube or a G4 tower pieces are starting to be unavialable. Example the video cards. I think the guy at Compusa is right. :) "

mnkeybsness
Jul 2, 2001, 05:27 PM
yah-apple only puts promotional savings and makes items temporarily unavailable right before some new models and upgrades come out.

ElGreco
Jul 3, 2001, 12:32 PM
That is absolutely right. In a German Mac-Magazine I read that Apple is about to cut the Cube. They will sell what they've got in stock and that's it. http://www.macup.de

Furthermore MOSR comments on the upcoming Macworld to be Apple's big shot. Their main reason is Adobe's abscense at the biggest mac-show. So Apple plans to make it some kind of culmination of all the soft- and hardware they have been working on for years. They will probably release Puma (OS 9.2) and 10.1 as a bundle because of Puma's updated Classic environment that won't work with 10.0.x. Therefore, they need all their manpower to concentrate on this stuff and won't release 10.0.5 until MWNY. A last interesting Detail: Wacom seems to be preparing a pen- or touch-screec device in colaboration with Apple. This becomes extremely interesting regarding the recent rumors concerning a new iMac. Let's wait and see what the future is about to bring.

Later,
Greco

PMan88
Jul 3, 2001, 01:30 PM
This could mean a PDA with handwriting recognition.

ironin
Jul 5, 2001, 10:24 AM
Puma is the codename for 10.1 and Moonlight is the codename for 9.2. Many rumor sites are of the agreeing opinion that Puma will not be ready for MWNY, and like you said, they are bundling Puma and Moonlight together (because of Moonlight's drastically increased Classic Compatibility.) Puma is supposed to be a much snappier OS than Cheetah was. I'm looking forward to it, and would like to see it at MWNY, but I'm not holding my breath.

~ Adam

p.s. Wacom's deal with Apple is nothing special. I read the statement by the Wacom guy. It could be anything from a new TabletMac to improved Cocoa drivers for a Wacom Tablet. Who knows?