PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Wallstreet Powerbook

TLRedhawke
Nov 10, 2004, 10:36 PM
A co-worker of mine is looking to make the plunge, and she really likes the look of the G3 PowerBooks (as do I), so since I'm the one who knows the best way to obtain one, here I am. I'm looking for something reasonably outfitted, but it doesn't have to be fully decked out. I know that's vague, but it's the best way I can think to put it. Price is the primary issue, because she can't afford a terrible amount, but she is flexible about the maximum. Anyway, we'll see what people offer here, and I'll let her know her options.

slooksterPSV
Nov 10, 2004, 11:40 PM
Just curious, what would you give for my Wallstreet? I'd include, a USB Mouse, the USB Bus Port Card, the USB Connector, the yo-yo style power connector, the laptop, and the CD's I used to install OS X. There is one problem with it, the back light will go out if the PRAM is reset with hardware. You have to use TechTools 3.0.9 or lower to fix this problem. - I'm just getting an estimate, I'm not really going to sell this (that I know of)

TLRedhawke
Nov 11, 2004, 09:38 AM
You've not given the processor speed in your signature, so I'll presume it's in the midrange, at 266MHz, in which case I'd give about $250 (Canadian), primarily because I don't need OS discs. Hmm...wait, there's 288MB of ram in there. Perhaps $300 (Still Canadian).

slooksterPSV
Nov 11, 2004, 10:15 AM
Actually its 233, I'm updating my Siggy now.

TLRedhawke
Nov 11, 2004, 10:38 AM
The price stands then.

slooksterPSV
Nov 11, 2004, 02:15 PM
Sorry Candian money is worth $0 to me, sry.

TLRedhawke
Nov 11, 2004, 06:29 PM
I would pay in American, silly. But, I'm making the estimates in Canadian, because it's what I'm used to.