Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atacinus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2003
New York City
Hello, i was currious if anyone thought there were going to be revisions to the eMac before christmas...i.m considering one and would like to get it now as an 'early christmas present' but i.ll hold off if something is down the pipe. I know their were rumors about new eMacs...but that didn.t materalize...were those foundless ... or is there something coming and we were just off on the date?

Thanks,
Christien.

MacSA

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2003
UK
I'm waiting to see what comes in any update to the eMac too, and it's a long time coming, we're way past the average update cycle time - it better be worth the wait and not just be a speed bump from 1.25ghz to 1.33ghz G4 processors lol :D One of the rumours mentioned slight external modifications, so I suppose it's possible the update could be more cosmetic than anything else.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
MacSA said:
I'm waiting to see what comes in any update to the eMac too, and it's a long time coming, we're way past the average update cycle time - it better be worth the wait and not just be a speed bump from 1.25ghz to 1.33ghz G4 processors lol :D One of the rumours mentioned slight external modifications, so I suppose it's possible the update could be more cosmetic than anything else.
I have been saying there will be an update anytime now but now i am not so sure ... all out for Macworld now.

o well

timnosenzo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2004
ct, us
I just bought one of the refurbs...and for the price, I wouldn't kick myself TOO hard if they revised it in the next couple months. Personally, I don't think the eMac is very high on Apple's priority list as far as updates are concerned.

Now, if I spent 2 grand on a PBook or a G5 and it was updated right away....then I think I would be pissed! ;)

-Tim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.