PDA

View Full Version : getting no signal between my g4 and new 26" dynex flat panel tv

pearhouse
Jul 17, 2010, 04:05 PM
I just bought a Dynex 26" flat panel tv and hooked it up to my mac g4 using VGA cord. I selected VGA as the input with the TV's remote, but after the initial Apple icon shows up when I start the Mac, the TV then displays the "No Signal" box. I do not have the TV hooked up to my digital cable box, as I have no connectors for that. I only want to use it for my Mac. Thanks for any help.

mgartner0622
Jul 18, 2010, 01:01 AM
If you have two display ports I would reccomend going into the display prefrences and changing the setup on another screen while your TV is still attached.

Bennieboyİ
Jul 21, 2010, 10:17 AM
what graphics card are you using for this? it could be the case that the card isn't upto spec for running a screen that size

No ice please
Jul 21, 2010, 11:53 AM
I have the same TV. The first time I hooked my computer up to it said this. Whats wrong is that VGA shoots signal at the TV at 1074 by something and the TV won't display that. Only it's full resolution, so what you need to do is hook up a second monitor and the tv. Adjust the resolution for the TV and there you go.

pearhouse
Jul 23, 2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. What ended up making it was was restarting the Mac several times, then turning the tv off and on a few times. Eventually the computer became visible and all remains well any time I boot up the first time each morning - AS LONG AS I let the Mac boot up entirely BEFORE I turn on the TV.