PDA

View Full Version : A Comment on the Apple iPad Case

AppleKash
Jul 18, 2010, 05:42 AM
To some extent I do like the official Apple iPad case. However, I find taking the iPad out of the case unessecarily cumbersome, that is it seems you really have to force the iPad out of the case with quite amount of force applied unto the device itself. Anyone else feel this way? Of course as has been reported here too, the issue of it getting dirty easy is also annoying, but easily remedied. The stand is quite flimsy.

With regard to this specific issue what are some cases from which putting iPad in and taking iPad out requires little force on the device, sure I want a snug fit-- but not at the cost of having to darn near force the device into the case. The macally looks good, but I hear it falls out easily and is made out of cheap cardboard.

Figbash Acrobat
Jul 18, 2010, 05:54 AM
Another comment on the Apple iPad case...

It does get easier to remove it from the case over time. And you learn the best way to sorta push, or work it out.

That said, I don't believe it's meant to be taken out that often. But I also appreciate a case that's snug around my $600 hardware.

iFerd
Jul 18, 2010, 06:56 AM
I've never wanted to take mine out of the Apple case since I got the case. So snug is fine with me.

rdowns
Jul 18, 2010, 08:36 AM
I don't find that to be the case. I take the flap out, pull on the iPad and then slide it out rather than pulling it out.

Hammie
Jul 18, 2010, 08:47 AM
I don't find that to be the case. I take the flap out, pull on the iPad and then slide it out rather than pulling it out.

+1

Exactly the same way I do it.

Icewind
Jul 18, 2010, 02:31 PM
I'm with the OP. I find it really quite difficult to get the iPad out if the Apple case. I was also worried about the amount of pressure that I was applying to the iPad with my fingers when I was trying to pull it out. I was especially worried as the pressure from my fingers was on the glass :eek:

I take the iPad out about once a week. It's amazing the amount of rubbish that accumulates INSIDE the case. Don't want that crap scratching away at my lovely new iPad.

sananda
Jul 18, 2010, 06:10 PM

Same here.

AppleKash
Jul 18, 2010, 08:46 PM
Same here.

I do the exact same thing -- on my end it doesn't just "slide" out undue force is required for me.

AppleKash
Jul 18, 2010, 08:48 PM
I'm with the OP. I find it really quite difficult to get the iPad out if the Apple case. I was also worried about the amount of pressure that I was applying to the iPad with my fingers when I was trying to pull it out. I was especially worried as the pressure from my fingers was on the glass :eek:

I take the iPad out about once a week. It's amazing the amount of rubbish that accumulates INSIDE the case. Don't want that crap scratching away at my lovely new iPad.

That's exactly my complaint with the case. Once a week is usually good enough, when I'm in bed however I like to take it out of the case unless in class or at work.

AppleKash
Jul 18, 2010, 08:48 PM
Another comment on the Apple iPad case...

It does get easier to remove it from the case over time. And you learn the best way to sorta push, or work it out.

That said, I don't believe it's meant to be taken out that often. But I also appreciate a case that's snug around my $600 hardware.

Good point and I do hope that it's gets easier to pull out of the case overtime.

GoCubsGo
Jul 18, 2010, 08:50 PM
I never saw the issue as I don't take it out. I am however a bigger fan of the slide out than the pull out. ;)

MacDawg
Jul 18, 2010, 08:53 PM
I haven't taken mine out but maybe twice... no need
But the times I did, I used the rdowns Method™

afireintonto
Jul 18, 2010, 08:59 PM
I will agree on the post saying that it gets easier over time. It does.

AppleKash
Jul 18, 2010, 09:06 PM

Who ever said anything about pulling it out as opposed to sliding it out?

I slide it out but for me it doesn't slide out as easily as some are suggesting it ought to.