PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar Gamepad Support?

dizastor
Aug 16, 2002, 10:18 PM
Anyone know if there is any native Gamepad support in Jaguar?

Anyone get their dirty little hands on a copy and try it out?

mac15
Aug 17, 2002, 08:49 AM
gameoad support was always bundled into OSX, its just that developers won't push it, that why they have people making apps to do it for lazt developers, comon controls are essential in some games now comon all you devs

FattyMembrane
Aug 20, 2002, 09:34 PM
what about networking? i'm really pissed off that so many carbon ports announce in the readme that "networking does not work in osx" -end of story. it seems that game developers are really shirking their responsibilities to the mac os by failing to support its latest revision. i've been itching to play cro-mag rally against my friends for AGES, but booting into os9 is a pain in the ass, in fact, apple will soon prevent os9 booting and i'll wager that these companies will just leave out the networking. please realize that i love pangea software and commend them for their commitment to the mac platform, but i've seen a couple of free osx networking kits (for those too lazy to adopt apple's guidelines) and allthough my limited knowledge of programming prevents me from knowing exactly how difficult it would be to incorporate these kits, the programmers do have a responsibility to support networking in x if they advertise networking as a feature.