PDA

View Full Version : AAC - usable in FCE?

Frank (Atlanta)
Nov 11, 2004, 07:19 PM
I'm completely new to iTunes & Final Cut Express. Since AAC seems to be higher quality than MP3 (?), I'd like to download/keep music in AAC.

I plan, however, on adding music to some home videos via FCE - can FCE work with AAC (I'm assuming it will, as both are Apple products, but...).

Thx,
Frank

JeDiBoYTJ
Nov 12, 2004, 11:06 PM
Not sure, I have a problem with Mp3's in Final Cut Pro (audio cuts in and sound sometimes).

If it doesnt work whaty ou would want to do, is convert the AAC to an AIFF -> go to "iTunes -> Preferences -> Importing -> Import To: AIFF" then select the file you want to use, and go up to "Advanced -> Convert Selected File to AIFF..." then it will convert the file to an AIFF that works perfectly with FCP and FCE, just navigate to your Music folder to find the AIFF file.

jackieonasses
Nov 13, 2004, 12:00 AM
Not sure, I have a problem with Mp3's in Final Cut Pro (audio cuts in and sound sometimes).

If it doesnt work whaty ou would want to do, is convert the AAC to an AIFF -> go to "iTunes -> Preferences -> Importing -> Import To: AIFF" then select the file you want to use, and go up to "Advanced -> Convert Selected File to AIFF..." then it will convert the file to an AIFF that works perfectly with FCP and FCE, just navigate to your Music folder to find the AIFF file. or if you had QT pro.....

To answer your question. You have to keep re-rendering it each time it is moved....just convert it to save you trouble.