PDA

View Full Version : 3-D modeling software compatability in OSX

dubbelhund
Aug 16, 2002, 10:45 PM
I am a soon to be industrial designer who am dying for some good 3-D modeling software for the mac, especially now that we have OSX to take advantage of and with the recent release of Maya (for animation) I am hoping Studiotools (also Alias-wavefront) will be the next step. So when is Studiotools 9.7 (Alias) coming out for OSX, Steve? I know engineering software like SolidWorks 2001 will probably never be Mac compatible, apparently "creative" people aren't supposed to use engineering tools (and/or vice versa) - I don't know what the deal is. Or aren't there enough of out there to make it worth while? All I know is that if I don't find a decent substitute soon I will be forced to "switch" to a pc. I though the whole idea of the switch campaign was to prove that nothing can't be done on a pc that can't be done on a mac, but I guess that is not completely true. The good news is I hear Ashlar-Vellum is releasing a OSX version of Cobalt in the future but I don't know if its is as good as Studiotools. Am I the only one out there wondering about this? I'd be curious to know...

ps. I'm only bitchin cuz I am a macfanatic...

:D