Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Man-Droid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
Tampa, Fl
Currently on a Powerbook and it doesn't meet the requirements. I am about to upgrade to a new desktop. Anyone have any personal experiences with Maschine? How is controller latency and integration with Logic? Is it CPU hungry? Feel free to post anything you feel important. There really are not any places I've found around here with it set up for demo. Any info is greatly appreciated!:)

RHELF

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2010
I have used Maschine extensively. What are the specs of your Powerbook? If you upgrade to a Mac Pro, you will absolutely have no issues with it running smoothly. It is pretty processor hungry, but not any more than other plugins out there. The reason being, you are basically using the "physical" maschine as nothing more than a MIDI controller and control surface while using the software as a plugin or running it stand alone. So it is not any more intensive than opening any of their other plugs.

The libraries are based on NI's existing software titles(battery, kontakt, absynth etc.)

It is truly an amazing piece and as long as your computer can handle it. Between the hardware and software, you can do so so much. It is definitely the nail in the coffin of the MPC also.

I have run it on My 2010 I7 MBP with Logic 9 with absolutely no issues with latency, compatibility or any other problems. Also run it on a 2009 Mac Pro with Logic 9, Cubase 5, and Pro Tools 8(running AU,VST, and RTAS obviously) with no issues whatsoever.

Hope that sheds some light for you. Good luck!

Man-Droid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
Tampa, Fl
I have used Maschine extensively. What are the specs of your Powerbook? If you upgrade to a Mac Pro, you will absolutely have no issues with it running smoothly. It is pretty processor hungry, but not any more than other plugins out there. The reason being, you are basically using the "physical" maschine as nothing more than a MIDI controller and control surface while using the software as a plugin or running it stand alone. So it is not any more intensive than opening any of their other plugs.

The libraries are based on NI's existing software titles(battery, kontakt, absynth etc.)

It is truly an amazing piece and as long as your computer can handle it. Between the hardware and software, you can do so so much. It is definitely the nail in the coffin of the MPC also.

I have run it on My 2010 I7 MBP with Logic 9 with absolutely no issues with latency, compatibility or any other problems. Also run it on a 2009 Mac Pro with Logic 9, Cubase 5, and Pro Tools 8(running AU,VST, and RTAS obviously) with no issues whatsoever.

Hope that sheds some light for you. Good luck!

Hey Thanks! I was beginning to think my thread had fallen in to oblivion. I just ordered a quad iMac and I'm seriously considering picking Maschine up. Based on what you have told me it appears it is exactly what I'm looking for. I had Roland SP-404 and it was very limited. Obviously they are two different pieces of gear but capable of doing similar things. Thanks again:D

tekboi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
EasŦcoast
I'm planning on buying this also, it looks like a worthy investment and a great replacement for my korg padKontrol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.