Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fizzler

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
I have purchased and quite like the pages app and was thinking of purchasing numbers as well. The only thing making me thing twice is the inability to export in an excel format.

I read that it is possible to copy spreadsheets from numbers and Paste them into pages, where it can be exported and copied back into an excel spreadsheet- a long-winded work around, but one that would just about do me. Can anyone confirm that this is possible?

Thanks

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
.... The only thing making me thing twice is the inability to export in an excel format.

Who told you this nonsense? Excel is an issue on a Windows PC or Mac. It is not an issue on the iPad. If you want to use your Numbers spreadsheet on a Mac, then you can convert it on your Mac.

Red5403

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2009
KS
I shared a numbers for iPad spreadsheet with a couple of colleagues who use PC's and Excel. I uploaded the numbers doc to iWork.com, and sent them an email with the link, where they could down load it in PDF or excel format. They did, and I looked at what the spreadsheet looked like on their computers, and it looked great. Now, I will say that my spreadsheet didn't have fancy functions. But, they were there, and the formatting was all there, and they could use it right away after downloading it.

I'd never used iWork.com before and was surprised at how well it worked and how easy it was.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.