Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Orlandorealtor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
winter garden,fl
Had one of these on my 3gs. Was a fun little case and really liked the Home Button. They come in 9 colors with plugs for all the holes and 2 screen protectors. 14.99 plus 3.00 shipping. Pretty good deal if you like them.

http://switcheasy.com/products/Colors_iPhone4/Colors_iPhone4.php#

a.jpg

random person

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008
I just got mine today for the iPhone 4 and just in case anyone is wondering, here are the important things:

1. It is compatible with oversized headphone jacks. I use the Ultimate Ears UE11Pro in-ear monitors and they have an L jack. It fits fine if you press firmly, and it does not pop out.

2. The dock connector opening is large enough for non-Apple cables, car chargers, etc.

3. The camera opening is plenty big enough to ensure no interference with the LED flash. I assume this would be true with all colors but it is definitely true with the Viola.

4. It fixes the reception problem too (if you believe there is one!)

I'd say it's a decent value for the price and solves most of my problems with the Bumper (headphone jack, dock connector opening, back coverage).
You gotta like Silicone though! As far as Silicone goes, this is soft and smooth-feeling. And the color purple looks surprisingly good on the black phone.

Looks like this is one of the few cases that actually works with the camera!

geko29

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2008
Colors was a great, simple case for the 3G/3GS. I'll definitely be picking up another for my wife's phone, haven't decided if I want to cover up my upcoming white iP4, or just stick with the bumper I already have.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
The orange one looks fantastic. I'm fancying the yellow one too, but I don't know if I'd actually use it. Thanks guys

fupresti

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
The orange one looks fantastic. I'm fancying the yellow one too, but I don't know if I'd actually use it. Thanks guys

It's not really yellow, it is more a lighter ton of Orange. My wife has it on her 3GS.

weezite

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
Has anyone had a white version of this case before? Does it get really, really dirty? Because it looks sexy as ****.

fupresti

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
Has anyone had a white version of this case before? Does it get really, really dirty? Because it looks sexy as ****.

I had a white CapsuleRebel for my 3GS and it developed a yellowish tinge to it no matter how had I tried to keep it clean.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
It's not really yellow, it is more a lighter ton of Orange. My wife has it on her 3GS.

Ahh, I see. I guess my monitor isn't calibrated correctly for best color then. Would you say the saffron is true Crayola orange? Or does it have a lot of red in it?

I'd do a white case too, but there's just no way to keep it clean.

fupresti

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
Ahh, I see. I guess my monitor isn't calibrated correctly for best color then. Would you say the saffron is true Crayola orange? Or does it have a lot of red in it?

The Saffron is more like a Burnt Orange where the Mican is more like a Yellow Orange.

weezite

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
I had a white CapsuleRebel for my 3GS and it developed a yellowish tinge to it no matter how had I tried to keep it clean.

How long did it take to develop and how noticeable was it? Because this case is extremely sexy.

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
I just ordered the purple. :)
I think these cases offer great protection and they feel so nice.
I had white on my 3G. It doesn't look yellow. It's 2 years old. It wasn't my primary case though. It does have a few pink stains on it though.

headcheese

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2008
fupresti...

Thanks for the pics! I ordered that one as well :D

If you don't mind answering, when did you order? Where do you live? Did you upgrade shipping? I was just wondering when I could expect it. It's coming from CA and I'm in MD, and since postage was so cheap I figure it will take forever :rolleyes:

fupresti

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
Thanks for the pics! I ordered that one as well :D

If you don't mind answering, when did you order? Where do you live? Did you upgrade shipping? I was just wondering when I could expect it. It's coming from CA and I'm in MD, and since postage was so cheap I figure it will take forever :rolleyes:

I ordered mine on Thursday, it shipped Friday and I had it on Monday. I live in AZ.

willdude

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2010
Got my Stealth yesterday (in MD, ordered Thursday), and it's very nice. Pretty much the same experience as the 3G's Stealth that I had. It fits well, if a tad bulgy on the top and sides, which doesn't bug me too much. The headphone plug is a bit tight and hard to get out, but I don't use those things anyway. It's nice that it came with two of each plug, unlike the 3G version, since they're easy to lose (or, in my case with the 3G, be "misplaced" by a cat).

These things are pretty much lint and dirt magnets, though, as I expect is the case with any silicone case. But it's a fair tradeoff for the protection it provides, and including all these things for $15 is a great deal. (Though if Apple starts giving these away for free as their bumper alternative, I'll be pissed.)

headcheese

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2008
Thanks fupresti!

willdude- did you use the standard shipping? If so then I might get mine tomorrow or Thursday :)

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Just ordered a Crimson one. Thanks for the link. I was going to wait on the free cases, but I have a feeling that these cases will be trash and they won't be received for a while. Thanks again :D

willdude

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2010
willdude- did you use the standard shipping? If so then I might get mine tomorrow or Thursday :)

Yeah, it was the only shipping option I was given. I ordered Thursday, got my shipping notification on Friday.

I was going to wait on the free cases, but I have a feeling that these cases will be trash and they won't be received for a while.

Plus they probably won't include screen protectors. I see that some 3rd-party vendors are offering deals where you send in your free bumpers and get a discount on their case. Would be nice for SwitchEasy to do this, too, but $15 really isn't that much in the first place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.