PDA

View Full Version : Speck screen protectors

nixiemaiden
Jul 19, 2010, 07:24 PM
Ok so I caved and decided to spend a little more for a screen protector than my previous ones. My last cheap screen protector I finally got a perfect install but the screen protector was a finger print magnet and didn't do anything for the glare so based on reviews I got the 2 pack of speck anti glare off of amazon.

First off i love the anti glareness. It is nice to be able to see my screen more clearly than my reflection.

Second off...all of the reviews I read said that this thing was a perfect fit. There is extra room around the home button and it seems to be slightly larger than my screen...not a lot but enough that it is making bubbles along the edges where there is no dust. Also I have a bubble right where the extra space is around the home button...no dust there either.

It isn't so bad for me because I use a case that covers the edges but this home button is going to drive me nuts. Has anyone else noticed this about the speck screen protectors?

I feel like I got ripped off...the ones I bought for $2 on eBay fit better. :( ...but at least I can see my screen.

TraceyS/FL
Jul 19, 2010, 07:39 PM
I don't have one, but email them - they have awesome customer service!

cheapa55
Jul 20, 2010, 12:14 AM
sad to hear. I was thinking about buying some too. any pics you can share?

nixiemaiden
Jul 20, 2010, 04:10 PM
Here are a couple of the problem areas of mine. The edging is like that on every side.

When I started my screen was very clean and the couple specks of dust that managed to get underneath it, I was able to remove with tape. I have absolutely no bubbles anywhere except for the edges and around the home button. Annoying but to be honest I will take it over the glare. After this one wears out maybe I will have better luck with the next one. I think I have everything aligned properly on this one though but as you can see there is a little room on the top left of the home button.

Maybe when people say it aligns perfectly they mean to just center the home button. But the edges seem a little off on every side so I dunno.