PDA

View Full Version : Webcam for Mac other than iSight?

Wilson
Nov 12, 2004, 09:18 PM
Is there another webcam in the market for Mac other than an iSight? I saw a Logitech one that cost $55 Canadian that has "OS X compatible" on the box. Is there a webcam for mac that anyone can recommend to me that is relatively cheap?

Another question. How do Mac users normally webcam with people that are on PC's? Most of my friends are on PC's and use MSN Messenger to webcam with each other. Is there a solution for me to be able to webcam with them?

Thanks for all the replies in advance. Any help will be much appreciated.

rickvanr
Nov 12, 2004, 10:35 PM
i had an orange micro iBot... i dont know how much they cost, but it was firewire, so it was decent...

and video chat with msn? not gonna happen unless you convince them into switching to AIM and you use iChat...

MacKat
Nov 13, 2004, 07:52 AM
Hi.

I bought the isight camera and have managed to convince the majority of my friends to install aol. I chat to them using ichat through aol... its not a bad option and most people don't mind using aol to video chat :)

I have found that it also works on yahoo messenger too. Although it lacks audio so you still have to type, and the frame rate is dramatically slower.

All in all... its a good way to go. Until Steve Jobs and Bill Gates learn to play nicely together ;)

Kat x