PDA

View Full Version : Please suggest - iOS4 compatible Alarm/Notifier app

westla7
Jul 20, 2010, 10:12 AM
I am trying to find nice iPhone app which will utilize the power of iOS4 ;-) to do one simple thing -- advance alarm! :-) Basically I need to be able to get alarm every N hours/minutes, once I start it. Any help here? Does such application exist? Don't need anything fancier.
I looked for different "pill reminders" etc. but they all are too bad and non are using iOS4. My needs are not for "pills" though, it can fall into this category just because the goal is the same..
Of course the easy way out is to create A LOT OF standard alarms in the iphone for every X hours, but the problem it is : 1) ugly 2) always have to start at one time otherwise everything has to be changed...

huskerchad
Jul 20, 2010, 11:51 AM
I would like similar functionality and I haven't found any app to provide it either. The built-in alarm would actually work for me, except it goes off forever if I'm not there--which I won't always be. I want something to go off for just 30 seconds or so.

My workaround for the time being is to put repeating events on my google apps calendar (gmail is free) and sync that. It works pretty well but I'd still love to find a "reminder" app that runs in the background.

iggypod
Jul 20, 2010, 12:08 PM
The 'Awesome Note' (updated for iOS4) app just added in some limited repeating alarm functionality for tasks and events (in a minimum of 5 min intervals I believe) that I have just started to tinker with. But, the majority of the time, I also just setup repeating events in in Google Calendar. . .for now.