Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
big disappointment - translucent candy color red, cheap, no buttons - yecch...

pics a bit later after I take them...

here you go - bad buttons, lousy see thru - but SGP back still looks good and reaffirms waiting for an Apple solid red bumper which will be sweet. Until thenm nothing so far beats a black phone, CF back and white apple bumper:
click on these for closer look

labrat1996

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Lenexa, Kansas

That's what I was afraid of after I saw the new renderings. I suppose mine is probably going to arrive today or tomorrow. I loved the first render. What were they thinking?

LordOBoogie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009

That stinks. I thought the second renderings looked kind of cheesy. Shame they changed it.

labrat1996

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Lenexa, Kansas
Well at least I currently have a case I really like. I was just hoping to change it up for awhile. Not like it would have lasted long on the phone once the Vapor arrives. That could be a long wait though.

johnnybgood15

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2003

here you go - bad buttons, lousy see thru - but SGP back still looks good and reaffirms waiting for an Apple solid red bumper which will be sweet. Until thenm nothing so far beats a black phone, CF back and white apple bumper:
click on these for closer look

Looks like a typical tpu case. The better question is how are the 100 days if weight loss going?

labrat1996

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Lenexa, Kansas
Mine came today and it looked pretty crappy in the meager packaging, but actually it doesn't look too bad on the phone. It actually fits pretty nice and tight and is a fun change from my SGP vintage edition leather pouch. I can actually SEE what my phone looks like again.

Did I use the word ACTUALLY about 15 times in one paragraph - Sorry about that!

johnnybgood15

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2003
Mine came today and it looked pretty crappy in the meager packaging, but actually it doesn't look too bad on the phone. It actually fits pretty nice and tight and is a fun change from my SGP vintage edition leather pouch. I can actually SEE what my phone looks like again.

Did I use the word ACTUALLY about 15 times in one paragraph - Sorry about that!

No but you used the words "leather pouch" so you could have just said I am a man who carries a purse.....actually.

labrat1996

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Lenexa, Kansas
No but you used the words "leather pouch" so you could have just said I am a man who carries a purse.....actually.

I am a WOMAN who carries a purse actually! :D

Anyone here still using this "bumper"? I haven't seen any pics of these on here other than the red and the white.

My red one is in a drawer - but I AM thinking of trying out the screen protector the came with it since I got my first screen scratch / small crack this weekend after the phone fell out of the pocket of my scrubs onto the tile floor at work this weekend. I was using the replicase without a protector. At least it's not on the picture part of the screen - just the lower left corner. Still - I was quite sad! :(

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
I am a WOMAN who carries a purse actually! :D
Good with the ladies, too, we see jbg.
lol.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.