Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Retrospectic

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2010
England
Hi, im gonna jump straight into this one.

Recently ive been going out to numerous meeting etc and i need a more portable machine (i currently have the iMac in my sig, and an iBook G3 is hardly and alternative) ive asked multiple freinds, and all of them have said their new macbooks arnt as good as the Unibody Macbook.

Now the way i see it, im getting £500 pounds is coming my way from the man in a red suit, thats a long time away, but that wont be a problem for the timebeing; im hoping to sell the iMac in my sig for about £200 with the original mouse and keyboard.

So with a maximum budget of £700 is a unibody macbook from ebay worth it?

Thanks.

kwood72

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2010
I recently purchased a refurb unibody MacBook for 759.00 USD

from the Apple site. It looks and works perfect, and it has the same warranty as their newer models. Keep checking because they put them on sale every few weeks.

chipz

macrumors member
May 4, 2005
Voorhees, NJ
Should I buy?

I would recommend purchasing a refurb from the Apple Store. I have purchased quite a few macs from there and I have been very satisfied. All the products looked new and performed perfectly and carried the full Apple warranty. They were also eligible for Apple Care.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.