PDA

View Full Version : iPad Directory

kdesign7
Jul 21, 2010, 01:09 AM
Does anyone know how to VIEW the entire Directory of the iPad, on the iPad itself?

Same idea as SSH'ing. Where you can see the Directories and folders...

Root
VAR
Library
Mobile

etc...

I have iFilesHD... that doesnt let me see the directory structure of the iPad.

iFile from Cydia doesnt let me Cut/Copy/Paste from one directory to another, which is what I am looking for.

Im sure a few ppl will say that this is not capable, but Im sure it is, I just havent found the right App for the Job.

iFile from Cydia comes CLOSEST.. but again, no cut copy paste feature.

Any other ideas?!

kdesign7
Jul 21, 2010, 02:35 AM
Ok so I figured out a way to do what Ive been seeking.

Actually, I was usuing iFile (from Cydia) 1.2 and then I did a lil more researching and found version 1.3. I found the REPO online with the cracked version and voila.. it works the way I needed it to work. Allows me to access the whole iPad directory structure and also gives me the option to COPY/CUT/DELETE files.

The reason I wanted this way...

I have Torrentula on my iPad which allows me to download any torrent file. But, the files I download (video files) aren't in the format that is viewable on the iPad, so I wanted to move the files to the sub-directory of YXplayer, which does play the file format. But the sucky thing with YXplayer is... it won't allow you to stray out of the sub-directory to any other directory. So, I wanted to the option to MOVE the file from Torrentula, and place it in YXplayer directory and then view the file.

Voila.

Problem solved.

kdesign7
Jul 21, 2010, 02:36 AM
Ok so I figured out a way to do what Ive been seeking.

Actually, I was usuing iFile (from Cydia) 1.2 and then I did a lil more researching and found version 1.3. I found the REPO online with the cracked version and voila.. it works the way I needed it to work. Allows me to access the whole iPad directory structure and also gives me the option to COPY/CUT/DELETE files.

The reason I wanted this way...

I have Torrentula on my iPad which allows me to download any torrent file. But, the files I download (video files) aren't in the format that is viewable on the iPad, so I wanted to move the files to the sub-directory of YXplayer, which does play the file format. But the sucky thing with YXplayer is... it won't allow you to stray out of the sub-directory to any other directory. So, I wanted to the option to MOVE the file from Torrentula, and place it in YXplayer directory and then view the file.

Voila.

Problem solved.

rphiggins
Jul 21, 2010, 09:37 AM
Interesting and thanks for posting.

I have been trying to find a way to test some html files that I have which make up a web site. Eg first html files contains links to other files. I want to be able to view them in Safari / Atomic and see that the links work.

Would ifile do this?

rphiggins
Jul 21, 2010, 03:06 PM
Bought file and it doesn't seem to work ie it does not open up linked files.
:(

uraniumwilly
Jul 21, 2010, 08:31 PM
dittos. interesting stuff.

kdesign7
Jul 22, 2010, 03:17 AM
Bought file and it doesn't seem to work ie it does not open up linked files.
:(

Id love to help. What do you mean doesnt open up linked files?

rphiggins
Jul 22, 2010, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the offer.

I have an HTML file which contains a link to another file which opens when clicked. Both files are in the same folder in file or good reader but when you click the link it either does nothing or says file not found.