Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thinkdesign

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2010
In the past year or 2.

I recall a long list of leaked BestBuy apple-SKU's around January? this year - which turned out to be the MacBook Pros.

But didn't the new Mini pop out with no leaked-SKU clues from BestBuy?

I'm thinking that though a BestBuy leak means something, the absence of a leak means a lot less... re: the Air? Would that be correct?

What's the overall track record on this?

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
When they get the new model numbers %100

I agree, but sometimes we get model numbers but don't know the product. At one point there was a model number that was thought to be a new MBA but ended up being the MB (I think it was the MB, but it was not the MBA is the point). So we might get some model numbers and hope it's the MBA, but it may or may not end up being the MBA.

I recently said that I thought it was more likely that Apple would update the 21.5" iMac before the MBA. It will probably introduce the 320m in the 21.5" iMac next. Now there is a new rumor about an update for the 21.5" iMac. I think it makes sense for Apple to keep the MBA as is IF it's going to introduce a solution in the MBA that's going to be how the MacFive follow the Core 2 Duo lineup. Meaning the MBA might get an AMD/ATI, Core i-series/Intel, or even Core i-series/Nvidia/ATI before any other of the MacFive computers. MacFive = MB, 13" MBP, MBA, Mm, and 21.5" iMac.

In the past, I don't recall getting any MBA information until it was actually updated. We seem to get info about all other Macs before release, but Apple seems to keep the MBA information quiet. I think it's just not as important to people to spread leak information. It sucks to be an MBA fan in terms of rumors anyways, as we rarely get anything ahead of MBA updates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.