PDA

View Full Version : zero experience, great ideas, need advice ;)

darnovo
Jul 21, 2010, 10:12 PM
I have zero experience coding for the iPhone or coding anything for that matter, except a little visual basic that I have forgotten from along time ago.

I have some great ideas for applications and games for the iPhone that I feel would be popular/profitable. I just don't know how to get started past the point where I sign up as a developer and have xCode running. Where do I start? What do I need to learn first? I would need to learn the coding aspect and interface design, until people would want to join my team obviously, but I also like to understand everything.

I am a complete blank, however, I am a quick learner and am very eager to start an iPhone development company. If any of you have any advice for to get started i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

DifferentialApp
Jul 21, 2010, 10:19 PM
I would start by just doing random stuff in Xcode. Get a feel for the program, as you will be doing almost everything with it. After that, probably go and read some of apple's developer documentation. That stuff realllyyyyy helps.

darnovo
Jul 21, 2010, 10:54 PM
would i need to learn c# first or cocoa or something or can I just jump right into the SDK and start fiddling with it and learn on the go?

dejo
Jul 21, 2010, 11:33 PM
Have you visited the Stickies and Guides at the top of this very forum (http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)?