PDA

View Full Version : MacBook running slow

jjk454ss
Jul 21, 2010, 11:12 PM
I just sold my MacBook, and the new owner is having issues with it running slow. They first told me it would temporarily freeze on startup, and now is saying it takes a long time to respond to anything.

I have been using the computer for over a year with no issues, it was actually very fast. But before I shipped it to the new owner I took out the 2 SSDs that I had in it, and I put the DVD drive and the original HDD back in it. I reinstalled Snow Leopard and shipped it.

Any thoughts on what could make it so slow when it was working great? I have read different things about resetting the SMC, resetting the PRAM, but any thoughts on what is going on? Like I said, it's a fresh install so there is no software installed yet to cause issues. The DVD drive worked to reinstall Snow Leopard, and the HDD I put back in it was working fine as an external, and I formatted it before reinstalling Snow Leopard.

greenday123
Jul 22, 2010, 06:30 PM
Maybe the HDD or something got damaged during shipment, the packages aren't always handled so delicately.