PDA

View Full Version : Allied Assault

Paolo
Aug 17, 2002, 02:52 PM
I just ordered Allied assault (it looks sweet).

Does anyone here have it? What sort of requirements are good for running it... rightn ow I"m on an iMac 800mhz (15" flatpanel) is that enough to run it with decent graphics?
Thanks

job
Aug 18, 2002, 03:22 PM
I assume you are talking about Medal of Honor : Allied Assault here...so...

Yeah, you iMac should be suffiecent to run MoH:AA. You may have to turn down some detail settings depending on how much RAM you have.

I played it on a dual 1Ghz with 23" Cinema Display at CompUSA yesterday and MoH:AA is an amazing game. You'll be glad that you spent the money. :)

Ifeelbloated
Aug 18, 2002, 03:40 PM
Major Woody reporting, sir!
I've just completed the missions sir!
I got shot up at Omaha beach but I sucked it up and kicked ass sir!
I battled in the Bocage and made those Nazis cry for momma sir!
I stormed Schmerzen and layeth the smacketh down sir!
In conclusion, I put my boot so far up their ass that they won't have to bend down to lick them sir!
That is my report, thank you sir!

job
Aug 18, 2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Ifeelbloated
Major Woody reporting, sir!
I've just completed the missions sir!
I got shot up at Omaha beach but I sucked it up and kicked ass sir!
I battled in the Bocage and made those Nazis cry for momma sir!
I stormed Schmerzen and layeth the smacketh down sir!
In conclusion, I put my boot so far up their ass that they won't have to bend down to lick them sir!
That is my report, thank you sir!

HAhahahahahah....

Brilliant... :D

Boelman
Jan 16, 2006, 09:29 PM
I love this game

HiRez
Jan 18, 2006, 02:56 AM
I just ordered Allied assault (it looks sweet).

Does anyone here have it? What sort of requirements are good for running it... rightn ow I"m on an iMac 800mhz (15" flatpanel) is that enough to run it with decent graphics?I played MoH:AA on my old 800 MHz PowerBook at the native 1280 x 854 resolution and it ran quite well. It won't blow you away at that speed, and you have to turn some of the settings down, but it's definitely playable and looks good. Not sure what graphics card that iMac has though, that could make a big difference. Anyway, this is definitely one of the most fun games I've played, it feels "authentic" and you really get immersed in it. The sequels for it are ok but not as good. If you like Allied Assault, check out Return to Castle Wolfenstein next, that was also a great game that is somewhat similar to MoH:AA. It's not as authentic a WWII experience (you have zombies and such as well as Nazis), but it's still fun.

Counterfit
Jan 18, 2006, 03:40 AM
Man, there are quite a few old and very dead threads being brought back recently. :confused:

HiRez
Jan 18, 2006, 03:47 AM
2002 heh...maybe I should have seen that before I posted. Well anyway, MoH:AA is a sweet game and I would still recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it!

uaaerospace
Jan 18, 2006, 07:58 AM
2002 heh...maybe I should have seen that before I posted. Well anyway, MoH:AA is a sweet game and I would still recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it!

Agreed. I play the MOH series whenever I have free time. I love the multiplayer aspect. It's simple but never seems to get boring.