PDA

View Full Version : Dual 1 Ghz MDD - 1.25 GB RAM, SD, nVidia Geforce 4Ti

Zeke
Nov 14, 2004, 03:58 PM
My computer died on me. Tech people say CPU is likely the cause. I'm going to buy a G5 using proceeds of what I sell it for. I can have the CPU repaired for $225 (if by some chance of fate it ends up being the motherboard they can repair that for $289) with a warranty but I'm wondering if anyone would want to buy it as is. If you're interested in it before (or after) repair let me know. This is a dual booting machine that worked beautifully until it stopped. Upgradeable to a dual 1.42 as it is using Giga Designs upgrade CPU. Let me know. I'll be sending the motherboard and CPU in for diagnosis and repair in the next few days so if someone has a CPU that is functional and wants to get a good deal on a great computer let me know.

Zeke

bokdol
Nov 19, 2004, 02:26 PM
My computer died on me. Tech people say CPU is likely the cause. I'm going to buy a G5 using proceeds of what I sell it for. I can have the CPU repaired for $225 (if by some chance of fate it ends up being the motherboard they can repair that for $289) with a warranty but I'm wondering if anyone would want to buy it as is. If you're interested in it before (or after) repair let me know. This is a dual booting machine that worked beautifully until it stopped. Upgradeable to a dual 1.42 as it is using Giga Designs upgrade CPU. Let me know. I'll be sending the motherboard and CPU in for diagnosis and repair in the next few days so if someone has a CPU that is functional and wants to get a good deal on a great computer let me know.

Zeke

how much you want for it?

Zeke
Nov 19, 2004, 04:00 PM
how much you want for it?

It depends on how you want it. Looking on eBay...similar computers sell for around $1300. That's what I was hoping for if I fix it. It'll cost me about $300 to get the CPU or motherboard fixed with about 2 weeks down time. The company that I found that does the repair is galaxyhp.com. You can see what prices are on there if you're interested. So $1000 is what I'll get if I fix it myself and sell it. If you want to make an offer you can email me. Let me know.

Edit: Also, I'll be sending the motherboard/CPU off tomorrow so if you want it as is now's the time to tell me. I also don't know for certain that either is the problem, but their free troubleshooting that's their best guess. It's either one or the other they said. Not both.