Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sophie22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
Hi ,
Im a complete technophobe so please help..
I have just purchased an i mac computer and moved into a house that has bose in the wall speakers.What do i need to have to play my music or radio from the computer throught the speakers?
Is it an amp or a reciever and what cables....
Please help i would prefer to work this out than go get someone in to do it for me!
Thanks

Wondercow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Hi ,
Im a complete technophobe so please help..
I have just purchased an i mac computer and moved into a house that has bose in the wall speakers.What do i need to have to play my music or radio from the computer throught the speakers?
Is it an amp or a reciever and what cables....
Please help i would prefer to work this out than go get someone in to do it for me!
Thanks

This should be simple enough for you to get up and running. The first thing you need to do is find the device to which the in-wall speakers connect. It'll probably be something that also controls the volume, lets you listen to the radio, etc. If the speakers aren't connected to anything it'll still be a simple solution but you'll have to buy something to get the sound to the speakers

Once you've found that look at the back for a set of female connectors (one red, one white) that are labeled "Aux" or "CD" (these are the two most common, but the label could be anything):

rca%20connectors2.png

If you can't find this pair try looking for a hole that looks like a headphone jack, labeled as above.

Let us know what you find and we'll go from there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.