PDA

View Full Version : How to open a bittorrent?

yaboe
Nov 14, 2004, 07:03 PM
I've gone on suprnova and d-loaded a move. now i can't get it to open. I understand that the torrent gives you the files and you have to expand the first file then it will expand the rest all at once. That is my problem. I used stuffit but it can't get past the first file to expand. Is there anyother way or am i doing this the wrong way?

Thanx.

musicpyrite
Nov 14, 2004, 07:10 PM
I believe **** is what you need.

I'd also be a little bit more careful on how you word your sentences.

EDIT: just to be sure ;) :rolleyes: :(

Kwyjibo
Nov 14, 2004, 07:16 PM
warez

abhishekit
Nov 14, 2004, 07:16 PM
I've gone on suprnova and d-loaded a move. now i can't get it to open. I understand that the torrent gives you the files and you have to expand the first file then it will expand the rest all at once. That is my problem. I used stuffit but it can't get past the first file to expand. Is there anyother way or am i doing this the wrong way?

Thanx.

Are you talking about the .torrent file? If yes, then the answer is No, the torrent does not give you any file. You need a bit torrent client like Azureus or Tomato client(google for it to download). It will use your .torrent file and connect to the tracker and download the files.
If you already had the client and were really talking about howto unstuff the file, then forgive me for being dumb.

yaboe
Nov 14, 2004, 07:32 PM
I have the torrent OSX 3.4.2 and when i'm done d-loading the file i try to expand it but it gives me a format error. Is stuffit the program to use?

thecow
Nov 14, 2004, 07:36 PM
What is the extension on the file that you downloaded?

yaboe
Nov 14, 2004, 07:46 PM
I got it to work. There was another file with the .rar extention. Thanks for trying to help.

musicpyrite
Nov 14, 2004, 07:50 PM
I think they are .rar files, movies sometimes come in them.