Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SmokeBlade169

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
How do you lock the iPOD touch screen while watching Music Videos?

I know while listening to music you can just push the lock button on the top left, but this doesn't work while a music video is running.

While running I just want to enjoy the audio for a Music Video, but my hand keeps touching the screen and upsets the selection being played, not to mention it advances to the next selection while in shuffle mode because the device is obviously being shaken while I run.

Many thanks.

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
How do you lock the iPOD touch screen while watching Music Videos?

I know while listening to music you can just push the lock button on the top left, but this doesn't work while a music video is running.

While running I just want to enjoy the audio for a Music Video, but my hand keeps touching the screen and upsets the selection being played, not to mention it advances to the next selection while in shuffle mode because the device is obviously being shaken while I run.

Many thanks.
I dont think you can. Course im not positive.

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
I think you can lock it then double click the home button to bring up the controls in the lock screen.

Ryuu117

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010
Houston, TX
That only applies to Music, not videos of any kind.

Nah, it works. Play the music video, lock the screen, double click and the music video selection will come up. I've used this feature for a while. I'm on iOS4 on a 3G iPod touch and it just worked for me so....

SmokeBlade169

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
Nah, it works. Play the music video, lock the screen, double click and the music video selection will come up. I've used this feature for a while. I'm on iOS4 on a 3G iPod touch and it just worked for me so....

T H A N K S ! ! ! This was EXACTLY what I wanted.

I think you can lock it then double click the home button to bring up the controls in the lock screen.

P E R F E C T ! ! ! Thanks for taking the time to explain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.